Thread: Tablet gps

Ad

Tablet gps

Is there some sort of app to turn my I pad into a basic guidance system for fertiliser spreading on grassland, there's no need for it to be really accurite just a guide?

Thank's

Toptiff

Re: Tablet gps

There doesn't seem to be and I'm not sure why. Even if you need to plug in a more accurate GPS signal then surely it would be cheaper than the bespoke setups. You have the screen and the processor. All you need is a 2 pound app!!

Slurry Solutions

We;re just working on it now, as a secondary option for our Slurry Spreading App

Watch this space

Rob

TimA

If your tablet is running Windows, then Farmer GPS will do the job.
    www.farmergps.com

RGT

This question as been talked about in the computor section-have a look as good app. For someone to make for a tablet.
    All is needed then is a tablet fitting to fit in cab?

306neil

Quote Originally Posted by RGT View Post
    This question as been talked about in the computor section-have a look as good app. For someone to make for a tablet.
    All is needed then is a tablet fitting to fit in cab?
    We have just bought some samsung tab 2 for our lorries for issuing jobs, logging loads& tonnage, satnav, defect reports, bluetooth phone, gps tracking as well as having field maps to ensure correct del of Sludge, lime , fert etc. We have the fitted into Gummdrop rugged case and Arkon flexi mount system which bolt onto any handy bolt in the cab, it about 18"long.
    We are thinking of getting ou IT guru's to write some kind of software to log muckspreading jobs, tons & hours etc and fit in tractors.
    i dare say we could find some suitable software/app to provide guidance in fields ?

RGT

is that the 7 ' ones neil?

agricontract

I spoke to some one abouth devolepoing a app a few years ago for a simple light bar and a hack for a tom tom but theydid not have a accurate enough gps receiver the tech will come though

306neil

Quote Originally Posted by RGT View Post
    is that the 7 ' ones neil?
    No its the 10.2 screen (8.5" x 5.5") looks bloody massive compared to a regular smart phone or satnav screen :lolk:

306neil

Quote Originally Posted by agricontract View Post
    I spoke to some one abouth devolepoing a app a few years ago for a simple light bar and a hack for a tom tom but theydid not have a accurate enough gps receiver the tech will come though
    We have Claas co-pilots & Outback S already so geeting guidance on the tablet isnt a must but as you say "the tech will come"

recoil

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Solutions View Post
    We;re just working on it now, as a secondary option for our Slurry Spreading App

Watch this space

Rob
    Sounds promising. When is it likely to be available?

The standard GPS on a phone or tablet is not accurate enough even for simple tasks so you will still need a proper GPS receiver. Have a look at the Outback S-Lite Gps Guidance System sold by Claas as the Claas co-pilots in the UK. Sold on Ebay for under 500 and works really well.

Quote Originally Posted by BBUK View Post
    The standard GPS on a phone or tablet is not accurate enough even for simple tasks so you will still need a proper GPS receiver. Have a look at the Outback S-Lite Gps Guidance System sold by Claas as the Claas co-pilots in the UK. Sold on Ebay for under 500 and works really well.
    Where on ebay do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Where on ebay do you have a link?

Two links for you. We don't sell Outback GPS but imported just for our own use highly recommended

http://www.cpufarmer.com/about.html
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OUTBACK-...2&cmd=ViewItem

Quote Originally Posted by BBUK View Post
    Two links for you. We don't sell Outback GPS but imported just for our own use highly recommended

http://www.cpufarmer.com/about.html
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OUTBACK-...2&cmd=ViewItem
    Be careful about buying from America, as described in the text on ebay these units are configured to run WAAS as a correction signal, this usually means that they will not work in northern europe unless the retailer is re-flashing the software to run EGNOS. Legally there should also be import taxes on them. Failure to retune the units to EGNOS will mean a trip to a CLAAS dealer or someone with the software to access the SLite. Which by the time you have incurred that cost 900 for something which works straight out of the box from your local CLAAS dealer doesn't seem to bad. Before you ask no i dont work for CLAAS although i did used to sell OUTBACK products in the UK.

definately a market for this, need a tablet with a simcard built into it wouldn't u, and would have to have it live all the time

an ipad wouldn't be much good would it