Thread: MF550

-Chris-

MF550

Hi everyone,

My grandad has broken the casting that holds the front axle on his little 550 and I wondered if anyone knew a breakers I might try for spares.

Thanks very much

Chris

multi power

Re: MF550

how on earth did that happen? you could try "massey breaker" on here or ron greet 01803812269

-Chris-

It looked like the casting had broken on one end of the pin a while ago and the other end had been waiting to break until yesterday! Wasn't easy dragging the poor little half a tractor out of the mud to his workshop!

Barleycorn

Would help if you said where you were, but Howard & Sons would have one, they are near Devizes, Wiltshire.

http://www.howardandsons.co.uk/

Exfarmer

Normally caused by using a loader carrying heavy objects across rough ground
    Big bales etc.

Mumbles

Quote Originally Posted by multi power View Post
    how on earth did that happen? you could try "massey breaker" on here or ron greet 01803812269
    Easy to do on a 550 or straight axle 135,scraper ned snapped mine.

New casting for a straight axle 135 is 130 from agriline(fairly sure there the same as a 550).

multi power

Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
    Easy to do on a 550 or straight axle 135,scraper ned snapped mine.

New casting for a straight axle 135 is 130 from agriline(fairly sure there the same as a 550).
    good point about the straight axle, is the straight axle better for any reason

-Chris-

I think the straight axle is the later 135 axle that fits the 550 (smaller pin but can be used without the bushes). I spoke to Ron Greet this morning and they have a used 550 casting with bushes and can ship it all the way up to us in Norfolk.

Thanks for everyones help!

marsh_bor

I take it Atkins coulnt help then?

-Chris-

Quote Originally Posted by marsh_bor View Post
    I take it Atkins coulnt help then?
    Atkins were helpful and are looking into the possibilities of a new one as they don't have anything second hand available.