Thread: DD Survey

TAG Direct

DD Survey

Hi
    A student at Askham Bryan College (Tom Warren) has asked me to post a link to a survey he's doing on DD for a dissertation. It would be great if some of you could help

Thanks in advance

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZVF2LXH

clover

Re: DD Survey

Quote Originally Posted by TAG Direct View Post
    Hi
    A student at Askham Bryan College (Tom Warren) has asked me to post a link to a survey he's doing on DD for a dissertation. It would be great if some of you could help

Thanks in advance

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZVF2LXH
    I completed the survey but dont feel the questions allowed me to express my position on the subject.Also,the question which gave "continuing soil destruction" as a possible answer choice was very poorly phrased.
    My position is that I hope DD can be made to work successfully but I wont be doing it myself until I've seen it work in my locallity on similair soils to my own and over a number of seasons.I think many farmers share my view,but I dont feel that will be clear to Mr Warren when he analyses the results.

miketm150

As with a lot of surveys the questions were perhaps not worded the best, but I guess it'll get the answers they want and not the ones we might have given.

Clive

done but rather badly constructed !

Can't really judge though as I found my old Dissertation in a box last week while having a clear out, my god it was rubbish somehow it got me a top grade though ! lecturers must be stupid !!

York

Clive,
    a good friend is still working on his PhD w3ork, now the 12th year :-( Because he more and more sees the rubbish and "wrongly" done trials in his work.
    Just think about it. Where did researcher come out with a approach which was ahead of farming?
    Like the adoption of the Vadi drill over here. It took 3 years of some brave farmers when the researcher started to use min till, and another 3 years to have greater acceptance. Just a example.
    We had a Prof. for lifestock. He showed us the slides and graphs which where 25+ years old, even on the topic of shead bulding. Was a inovation that he had included liquid manure and not only relied on straw bedding. And that was in the late 80's :-)
    Have a good year.
    York-Th.
    p.s. after answering half way though the survey I wondered what he was up to and still wonder. Maybe we should ask: Who is sponsoring the survey?

Spud

Done but as suggested, its very badly put together. A read of the DD threads would give him far better answers than this survey, imo.

Badshot

Just done it, had a chuckle at the option to continue destruction of the soil whilst burning fossil fuels.