Thread: TFR

JimF

TFR

Or traffic Film Remover.
    Who gets it in 205 litre drums and how much do you pay?
    I know there's various strengths/qualities about and you have to be careful buying it on price.
    Last lot I got off Spaldings. Quality was good but it only came in 25 litre drums. I haggled a bit of discount for buying 5 drums but I'd like to see it 1 205litre barrel.

miketm150

Re: TFR

takes us about 6months to use 25litre drum, didn't know you could get it in 200litre drums!

JimF

Garages and hauliers etc seem to have it in 205litre barrels.
    It'll take us a while to use that much, but we get through a fair bit and always seem to run out just when no one is open. Then you end up going to nearest place open and it's often weak and expensive.

nick

i got a 205l barrel from jennichem as advertised in the yellow peril.used about 20%in 3 years and may see me out.about 240 a barrel and called snowstorm and its brilliant but you need a foaming lance to apply it.when applied vehicle/tractor etc looks like it covered in shaving film.a bit caustic as it ate my first applicater but i wash em out after every use now.highly reccomended but dont let it dry on machine
    nick.......

Fergieman

http://www.jennychem.com/22-film-removers

Have a look at the link above. Available in all sizes including an IBC.

Chae

We bought 205 litre drum from powerewasher services at north water bridge. Don t think it will go off so aswell buy in bulk. Previously used deb concentrate sachets and mixed them in 25litre drums.

AandR

I buy wurth TFR seems as good as any if not better.
    1 x 20 litre can = 20 + vat

Okay there is delivery on that too but not a problem when ordering a whole load of stuff to spead the cost.

Oh just remembered it was 20 for 4 x 5 litre cans not 1 x 20 litre can! still amounts to the same thing though and this was only last month too.

dirty harry

Get ours from the foreign lads at the local car wash, proper auto shine stuff 20 barrel for 20 lt, good stuff even gets stomp/ crystal off sprayer well!

brynseiri

Used to use Autotop stuff at Selwood plant, good stuff, 25 litre barrels last a while. Would be carefull with it though, it is acid after all.

JimF

I'm fairly sure it's not acid, it's strong Alkali. About pH13.

Spud

Another vote for Jennychem. We use the snowstorm stuff through a static Landy steam cleaner. Use maybe 3 205l drums a year. (washing 5 tractor units and 8 trailers and all the farm stuff!) Excellent product, price and service. We often get blue roll, screen wash etc from them at the same time. Local firm were, shall we say, having a laugh!!
    It pays to apply the snowstorm with warm water, but straight onto a dry vehicle, leave for 10mins or so (doesnt matter if it dries on) and power wash off with warm water. You can see the grime running off even before you start the rinse!

Andy Rae

Hi Jim, we use these folks not too far from you http://www.yell.com/b/Ian+Mitchell+D...A80FB-1188019/

I couldn't find a website for them but they always phone to check if we need any before they send a lorry up into our area. We use their Supersoft 1 TFR its pretty effective and not too harsh on the paintwork

Chae

Quote Originally Posted by Spud View Post
    Another vote for Jennychem. We use the snowstorm stuff through a static Landy steam cleaner. Use maybe 3 205l drums a year. (washing 5 tractor units and 8 trailers and all the farm stuff!) Excellent product, price and service. We often get blue roll, screen wash etc from them at the same time. Local firm were, shall we say, having a laugh!!
    It pays to apply the snowstorm with warm water, but straight onto a dry vehicle, leave for 10mins or so (doesnt matter if it dries on) and power wash off with warm water. You can see the grime running off even before you start the rinse!
    It's amazing how Jenny hasn't aged over the years. I still would.

milbethill

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    It's amazing how Jenny hasn't aged over the years. I still would.
    surprisin you havnt min! lol

milbethill

another vote for jennychem snowstorm. wouldnt use anything else now.

Limey

Another vote for Jennychem here. Snowstorm is by far the best soap i've used! Also you can have a laugh with the lasses who answer the phones. Saying that, they seem to ring me from time to time to see if we need owt!

nick

they call me every month and call me darling.i allways tellem i dont use a great deal of stuff but allways nice to have a chat
    nick.......

Chae

Quote Originally Posted by milbethill View Post
    surprisin you havnt min! lol
    I wonder if the secret of keeping her good looks is she bathes in TFR!?

Limey

I asked the lass that rings me from Jennychem which angel she is on the advert that was on the back of the Truck & Driver magazine but all she did was giggle and wouldn't tell me!

Lightbulb Re: TFR

Hello,

at Eljay,we have been manufacturing cleaning chemicals for over 30 years!

we have a wide range of TFR's that are perfect forkeeping your machines clean - We even have our ownquality snowfoam TFR that we can supply in 25L/205L/1000L

as a special offer we aregiving away a free snow foam lance with every first order through Farming Forum.

Contact me for more information - ryan.saunders@eljayltd.co.uk orcall me at the office at 01708 861 982