Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: warranty on new tractor

warranty on new tractor

dont want to start brand bashing just yet

got a tractor 2.5 years old just out of warranty by 110 hours and the diff gone would you expect them to stand by it or even just try and help dealer talking about.
    all they wanted to do is send a rep out to sell us another one ?
    or take a look at it for 1500 plus what they find

any thoughts were to go next

Re: warranty on new tractor

Depends how good a customer you are, a good brand should at least take part blame. Components like that should last for a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by valtrarule View Post

got a tractor 2.5 years old just out of warranty by 110 hours and the diff gone would you expect them to stand by it or even just try and help dealer talking about.

how many hours has it done?

Quote Originally Posted by davidroberts30 View Post
    how many hours has it done?
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderz View Post
    Depends how good a customer you are, a good brand should at least take part blame. Components like that should last for a reasonable amount of time.
    3110 hours

well think i was spent 100k in 09/10 and paid on time

You may change back to Valtra , which has given more trouble , NH or Valtra ?

Quote Originally Posted by James d geoghegan View Post
    You may change back to Valtra , which has given more trouble , NH or Valtra ?
    nh still wont drive down road in a straight line users a lot more diesel and gutless and worthless second hand as well dose that answer your ? james

That's what I would be thinking , and that's why I wont change from Valtra . But in fairness to NH they are giving less trouble than JD.

Had prob with my Deutz 1400hrs few months out of warranty but the usual excuse was used "Haven't had that problem before" so no help at all and had to pay for the lot. They then told me the new demo was in to which I replied "NOT INTERESTED"

no help of any of them never will deal with malpas tractors or new holland never again will make shore all are customers no. as well ask they always ask

If the warranty has expired, it has expired. A line has to be drawn somewhere. An extended warranty was probably available (at a price) so why should one customer pay to get a warranty and the next gets his problem fixed for free if he spits his dummy out often enough?
    Reach for the sky, climb every mountain higher.

a componant like that shout outlast the tractor! All equipmant now is made of toffee, no matter what brand. Its rediculous, im annoyed for you

Quote Originally Posted by Predial View Post
    If the warranty has expired, it has expired. A line has to be drawn somewhere. An extended warranty was probably available (at a price) so why should one customer pay to get a warranty and the next gets his problem fixed for free if he spits his dummy out often enough?
    we did have extended warranty spent 1,000s on filters they charge double for then 110 hours or 10 days out they dont want to know

I would be surprised if NH didn't offer a gesture of good will at the very least,unless something outwith has caused the diff to go,any problems we have had have always been sorted out eventually.

2nd and 3rd year warranty on NH is insurance backed and being so once warranty is expired that will be the end of it,insurance companies don't tend to offer a lot of sympathy,still would have thought NH would help out.

Yes you're right so will put dummy back in mouth. But do think the manufacturers spend loads on advertising and then some fail to look after their customers who do a fair bit of advertising for them but now negative instead of positive

Quote Originally Posted by Mcdeutzdeere View Post
    Yes you're right so will put dummy back in mouth. But do think the manufacturers spend loads on advertising and then some fail to look after their customers who do a fair bit of advertising for them but now negative instead of positive
    Maybe the problem should never have arisen in the first place, but you get your problem fixed 10 days out of warranty, what if mine has done less hours but it a month out of warranty, does that get fixed too? May be you should have bought a new tractor then the warranty would have been part of the price, if you could have afforded that price. If you don't like the product you can take your business elsewhere, if there is a reoccurring problem with the product and enough people buy elsewhere the manufacturer will have to address the issue.
    Reach for the sky, climb every mountain higher.

3110 hours

well think i was spent 100k in 09/10 and paid on time
    You have done a fair amount of work to expect a dealer to just fix it.I would have thought that if you really want to make a point you could try the sale of goods act but warranties have to end some time.I would have thought that after spending that amount of money initially and doing what looks like a fair number of hours then changing again to keep machine in warranty should have been considered.

Maybe the problem should never have arisen in the first place, but you get your problem fixed 10 days out of warranty, what if mine has done less hours but it a month out of warranty, does that get fixed too? May be you should have bought a new tractor then the warranty would have been part of the price, if you could have afforded that price. If you don't like the product you can take your business elsewhere, if there is a reoccurring problem with the product and enough people buy elsewhere the manufacturer will have to address the issue.
    Tractor was bought new,Dealer out today replacing parts of top link as a fault has been detected in that range I wonder how long it will be before they find that the part I have had probs with is also not fit for purpose probably long after I've changed brands

Major components on well maintained and driven equipment should not fail at those hours. But the manufacturer will not know how its driven and 3000 hours is actually a fair bit of work.

At the end of the day it is your tractor, your responsibility, not the manufacturer's. Shit happens.

If you are really really not satisfied, change brands, but don't be surprised if you move from a frying pan into a fire. Don't be shy asking for a contribution though, because at the end of the day if you don't ask you probably won't get. But to avoid disappointment, don't expect a positive outcome.
    The Duck 2015

With all due respect all you do is slag off the new holland, so if it is that much heartache to you why keep it so long.
    Surely you would of got a better trade in price say against your cheap massey's aka valtra with less hours onit.

You go on like valtra's are the be all to end all but have you been to your local dealer. I have there was a workshop full of them in bits for gearboxes,axles and one bloke i know has been waiting 3 months to get a fuel guage problem sorted, where he has run the thing out of fuel twice.

I'm sorry but i have to agree with the Duck and Wastedyears, terms are set and i know for a fact if it was a car in this situation they wouldn't even entertain giving help on a machine out of warrenty, so why should agriculture be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech-1 View Post
    With all due respect all you do is slag off the new holland, so if it is that much heartache to you why keep it so long.
    Surely you would of got a better trade in price say against your cheap massey's aka valtra with less hours onit.

You go on like valtra's are the be all to end all but have you been to your local dealer. I have there was a workshop full of them in bits for gearboxes,axles and one bloke i know has been waiting 3 months to get a fuel guage problem sorted, where he has run the thing out of fuel twice.

I'm sorry but i have to agree with the Duck and Wastedyears, terms are set and i know for a fact if it was a car in this situation they wouldn't even entertain giving help on a machine out of warrenty, so why should agriculture be the same.
    i wouldn't say 2 and half years was very long and the reason not swapped it is its worth less unless you think different make me an offer
    bet you can drive down the road in straight line with the valtras at 50k not 46k as thats all are nh will do

Quote Originally Posted by wastedyears View Post
    You have done a fair amount of work to expect a dealer to just fix it.I would have thought that if you really want to make a point you could try the sale of goods act but warranties have to end some time.I would have thought that after spending that amount of money initially and doing what looks like a fair number of hours then changing again to keep machine in warranty should have been considered.
    never wanted them to fix it just expected a bit of help not 1500 just for labour on looking at front axel as quoted

Welcome to the real world. Between 30 and 35 hours of labour sounds fairly safe for an estimate for a front axle.

FWIW I have found CNH front axles to be as strong and reliable as any other. The oil seals are better than most IMO.
    The Duck 2015

never wanted them to fix it just expected a bit of help not 1500 just for labour on looking at front axel as quoted
    In your position you have nothing to lose by splitting the front axle yourself,the dealer will surely print the parts explosion diagram off for you , they do for me. Look at it this way if you can repair it you can say that the 1500 stays with you for doing it and you would have had to buy the parts anyway.I would also be trying to see if the front axle corresponds with other makes and models of tractor to see if you can get a breaker . I replaced a front axle on an MF once and the bits were going to be around 1500 as I recall so the 1500 just to have a look is a bit far fetched with respect to the duck. Maybe they just want to frighten you into changing the machine just to tidy the problem up.Look at it another way,what is the tractor worth in its present condition? Probably a lot less than if you get on and fix it.

In your position you have nothing to lose by splitting the front axle yourself,the dealer will surely print the parts explosion diagram off for you , they do for me. Look at it this way if you can repair it you can say that the 1500 stays with you for doing it and you would have had to buy the parts anyway.I would also be trying to see if the front axle corresponds with other makes and models of tractor to see if you can get a breaker . I replaced a front axle on an MF once and the bits were going to be around 1500 as I recall so the 1500 just to have a look is a bit far fetched with respect to the duck. Maybe they just want to frighten you into changing the machine just to tidy the problem up.Look at it another way,what is the tractor worth in its present condition? Probably a lot less than if you get on and fix it.
    I would expect it repaired for about that much labour. Repairing a diff is a skilled job and considering the stresses involved, pretty critical that it is done properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    I would expect it repaired for about that much labour. Repairing a diff is a skilled job and considering the stresses involved, pretty critical that it is done properly.
    The last time i was in Basildon we were being told 40-45 hours was an acceptable time for a REAR Crown wheel and pinion change. Cab off, trumpets, brakes etc then a complete emptying of the rear casing. Before measuring, fitting and rebuilding.
    So 30-35 hours fo the front axle seem very excessive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Welcome to the real world. Between 30 and 35 hours of labour sounds fairly safe for an estimate for a front axle.

FWIW I have found CNH front axles to be as strong and reliable as any other. The oil seals are better than most IMO.
    I would expect to have it done in 8- 12hrs max 35 is over the top imo.

When we spend the money we do on new tractors of course the main dealers/ manufacturers should stand on and sort the problems out, its only far!!!!

Perhaps the dealers/manufactures hope that the dummies stay in mouth and also keep quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Mcdeutzdeere View Post
    Perhaps the dealers/manufactures hope that the dummies stay in mouth and also keep quiet
    Quote Originally Posted by hummin-cummins View Post
    When we spend the money we do on new tractors of course the main dealers/ manufacturers should stand on and sort the problems out, its only far!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hillybill View Post
    I would expect to have it done in 8- 12hrs max 35 is over the top imo.
    thats what i will do

glad to see its not just me
    why should we put up with this crap over charging and crap build quality

cowabunga out hear in the real world moneys tight