Thread: Fendt VarioGuide RTK with a radio different from Hiper AG

Fendt VarioGuide RTK with a radio different from Hiper AG

I got a Satel Satelline Easy radio and thought I'd try that with the Fendt VarioGuide. The VarioGuide already has a Satel modem (in addition to the GPRS modem) and I thought I could just set the centre frequency, channel BW and bitrate from the Satelline Eady modem to match the Fendt Radio settings but it did not seem to work.

Is the "Fendt radio" only compatible with the Hiper AG base (needs to be set up with a null-modem cable connected between the tractor and the Hiper AG base)?

It also has an option for an external radio. This must be referring to the additional modem connector at the VarioGuide receiver itself. The user manual mentions this connector but does not give any info about pin assignments etc. Would anyone have instructions for this?

Re: Fendt VarioGuide RTK with a radio different from Hiper AG

Does the varioguide unit have the snap in RTK unit fitted,it needs this to unlock RTK.

Re: Fendt VarioGuide RTK with a radio different from Hiper AG

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the VarioGuide receiver has both the Satel/GPRS modem unit and the gyro unit installed (no coding performed at service since these were installed, our service says there is no need, just plug in the additional parts).

The receiver actually works through GPRS RTK, struggles a bit but that would be a different issue, possibly outdated SW but it does provide full RTK accuracy in good conditions. We are not sure about the radio modem settings though.