Thread: Greenstar to kuhn cci100 conflict.

Greenstar to kuhn cci100 conflict.

we are running a jd with a greenstar 2630 screen with a kuhn axis 50.1H emc W variable rate spreader both GPS and isobus,the reason we want to do this is so that we don't have to keep scrolling pages while driving, does anyone know if we can use greenstar to run the prescription and the kuhn box to do everything else. We have tried using the same method as for the Vaddy drill to no avail.

Re: Greenstar to kuhn cci100 conflict.

If its all Iso bus it should be possible I know of Kuhn
    And JD working together for section control so would think that prescription should be possible as the Kuhn will have a task controller

As for the vaddy and Greenstar this all works and work well just make sure you have the up to date software on the vaddy box and the correct r's 232 cable with gender changer and null modem

cp

Re: Greenstar to kuhn cci100 conflict.

Well what a nightmare, we have had Deere AMS and Kuhn to the farm both saying yes it can be done, after 6 hours of trying they now discover it can't be done, so if your buying the kuhn spreader my recommendation would be to not buy the screen but use greenstar and purchase the spreader pro and section control. However its not cheap and you need to buy a joystick to get full functionality of the Kuhn spreader.
    The Kuhn system uses XML iso files to read variable rate prescriptions, the problem being there is more than one version of XML iso and it can not be read by gatekeeper, also if you get your prescription through soyl it has to be done under the Kvernland /Vicon banner.
    Whats with these companies?, why so complicated?, why not work to a standard?. Its done with 540 pto 1000 pto, 7 pin lighting sockets, cat I II III IV.