Thread: Power Harrow combi straight into stubble

Power Harrow combi straight into stubble

Just changed our combination for a 3m Kuhn 3003 and Ventra 302 air drill with disc coulters. we have always drilled into ploughed land however this power harrow is marketed by kuhn to be strong enough to be used on stubble and our local dealer says the disc coulters should place seed well into this. Just wondering if anyone has experience doing this as it may be occasionaly useful to us such as following maize with winter wheat if we need to catch it before the ground gets wet. It will be on a 190hp tractor and we would probably shakerate before going in with the drill. We need a combi and plough for the rest of our work and do not justifiy another drill for the acreage we do. Is it another option for us??

Re: Power Harrow combi straight into stubble

Absolutely.
    it should work well.
    you could drill stubble turnips in same way too if you wished.
    I often think shakerating is as costly as ploughing. Understand it does a different job but if land not compacted then sometimes it's easier to plough.

Re: Power Harrow combi straight into stubble

i did this two years ago following maize, field was drilled and rolled the day after the maize was off, did very well. i justified it by thinking id already ploughed that field once that year