Thread: Tm155 won't go into gear

Tm155 won't go into gear

As title suggests I've a tm155 range command that won't go into forward or reverse. When you start up all the red lights on the gear display are flashing and if you put into forward N flashes up on the display. Any ideas would be very helpful.

Re: Tm155 won't go into gear

All the lights flashing means there is an error code hiding in there. Have youtried calibrating it as a start point?

The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk

Dodgy main earth connection in the area of the spool valves?

Yes prongy I've calibrated it and had the potentiometers of the side of the gear box but all seems to be in order. Tp surely a dodgy earth would fire up a whole lot of other problems would it not?

Quote Originally Posted by T P View Post
    Dodgy main earth connection in the area of the spool valves?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopping@itsbest View Post
    Yes prongy I've calibrated it and had the potentiometers of the side of the gear box but all seems to be in order. Tp surely a dodgy earth would fire up a whole lot of other problems would it not?
    As TP said, there is a ring terminal that earths on a 8mm set bolt on the spool mounting bracket, has one or more black wires IIRC, check that, if its a poor earth or not connected, it will start & throw up loads of lights but move no where, its the earth for the transmission solenoids. Caught me out once after a major transmission rebuild and the symptoms don't really relate to anything in the manual either!

Could be wrong, but sounds about right.

ff

Quote Originally Posted by Chopping@itsbest View Post
    Are the pots the later type with the brass inserts to prevent 'locking up' from over tightening? Should be on a 155.
    When you had the pots out were there any marks at all on them? Even with the slightest score mark on the inside of them i would replace them.
    N errors are pointing to the shuttle lever, but what happens when you cycle the clutch pedal? Might be worth checking the clutch pedal pot and disconnect switch and wiring. Behind left hand console panel. Also a lot of earth wires there. Any way of looking at error codes?

Normally when earths on spool block are disconnected you will get loads of EMU errors, pto, suspension, 4wd etc as well. All visible in the lower dash panel, P and L codes.

Quote Originally Posted by prongy View Post

Normally when earths on spool block are disconnected you will get loads of EMU errors, pto, suspension, 4wd etc as well. All visible in the lower dash panel, P and L codes.
    Yes that sums that particular fault up, all hell breaks loose...................sort the earth fault and calm returns.

ff

I have exactly the same problem with my 1998 8360 RC. What was the cure to this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by devonjohn View Post
    I have exactly the same problem with my 1998 8360 RC. What was the cure to this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    As TP said, there is a ring terminal that earths on a 8mm set bolt on the spool mounting bracket, has one or more black wires IIRC, check that, if its a poor earth or not connected, it will start & throw up loads of lights but move no where, its the earth for the transmission solenoids. Caught me out once after a major transmission rebuild and the symptoms don't really relate to anything in the manual either!

Could be wrong, but sounds about right.

ff
    Can't remember the 8560 we had but I expect it may be the same. On the TM's there is a group of black earth wires attached to the spool block casting on the RH side, leave this off, it breaks or a very bad connection and it will make all sort of lights display and you loose all transmission gears.

- just had a look thru old pictures of the 8560 and it had the 10 series type 2+2 blocks of spool valves- find the wiring loom running from the gearbox back to the rear axle and look for a group of earth wires with ring terminals bolted to the chassis somewhere.
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......