Thread: TV USB speakers

TV USB speakers

Not sure this is possible, advice requested from thse more knowledgable. We have recently put a small flat screen TV (Sandsrom/PCWorld brand) on the kitchen wall. The speakers are on the bottom but the sound is okay. However I was wondering if such a thing exists - that we could have wireless speakers nearer to where we sit, using one of the USB ports.

Or worst case is there such a thing as USB hard-wired speakers? Looked online but it is a bit confusing. Thanks.

Re: TV USB speakers

Quote Originally Posted by ladycrofter View Post
    Not sure this is possible, advice requested from thse more knowledgable. We have recently put a small flat screen TV (Sandsrom/PCWorld brand) on the kitchen wall. The speakers are on the bottom but the sound is okay. However I was wondering if such a thing exists - that we could have wireless speakers nearer to where we sit, using one of the USB ports.

Or worst case is there such a thing as USB hard-wired speakers? Looked online but it is a bit confusing. Thanks.
    Phone the manufacturer/importer and ask to speak to someone in their technical department? I have had good success doing this. I think they are often quite happy to have their daily routine interrupted by an inquiry from a customer! Alternatively, some have manuals on line. Do a Google using the term "usb audio monitor". Audio technicians speak a different language!

You would almost certainly have to look at using either a headphone socket to go to some speakers, or the TV might have a dedicated audio out which again you would connect to some speakers.

The USB port on the TV will be setup to allow you to plug in a flash drive or similar and play back video's or pictures that are on it.

I'm sure nige is right!

Just found this:

http://lifehacker.com/5900500/is-the...ports-on-my-tv

Thanks I will have a look in the daylight tomorrow, it's by a window. We put the TV on a close-mount bracket which was a mistake because I think we can't get at some stuff on the back now. But it was hellish to mount so don't think I'll suggest taking it off!

After looking at DryRot's link, it doesn't look as if you can really do audio via the USB, but we have managed to squeeze in and plug in headphones, so that port might be a possibility.