Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lely robot project

Re: lely robot project

Quote Originally Posted by Ballygreenan View Post
    JD everytime and others who have robots, if it is possible, I think it would also be interesting to see how your cows were milked PRIOR to your technical transformation!!

Perhaps we could start a separate thread of 'my old parlour' photos? I'm sure many of you recorded for posterity and historical evidence the last milking in the parlour? How else will our grandchildren understand what we're on about?!!
    Shir if your grandchildren are confused, take them to see our parlour lol

Interested in seeing any updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Interested in seeing any updates.

Maybe everyone is waiting till 2014 to show us their progress?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ballygreenan View Post
    Maybe everyone is waiting till 2014 to show us their progress?!!
    Maybe i'll wait till there's more to see than a hole in the ground! Don't worry I'll have pics for your robot fetish

Kinda forgot about this thread I, ll get pictures up soon. We started on the 28 october with 51 start up went really well with cows taking to it well. We were at 3 milkings a day withing 2 weeks at 32/33 liters. We have been adding cows in as they calve so now at 61. With 35 ish late lactation cows still in parlour. Just changed the first liners at 10,000 milking the other day.

the t4c program is abit tempremental, regularly needing to close it down and opening up again. And activity graphs very small in corner of screen.

there has been nothing majour go wrong apart from one cow pulling off milk pipes and jamming in teat cup too so its days are numbered.

has anyone have a ptoblem with cake dust building up on the chute and blocking hole for cake to drop out? I need to clean it regularly but im going toturn the delivery bit a quarter turn to there is a bigget gap for cake to fall brfore hitting chute.

but now 2 months in there are not many needing collected, we pen up anything before we put the feed in trough so they go through robot.

done 2 recording with the shuttle which went really well too. And the tanker drivers seam to be getting the milk out the tank no bother too.

just about to start building works for second one in thenext few weeks too.

Sounds like it's going well, can Lely not sort out the T4C problem for you?

T4C Has been doing that for ages , about time they sorted it, seems to have phases of working okay and then not

Which web browser are you using to run T4C? Lely now recommend using CHROME, it still isn't perfect but is slightly better than Internet explorer.

T4c is running on internet explorer, it started out on that then had problems, then one morning it was running in chome which went fine I think, then there was and update and now its running on internet explorer again I don't know how it changes but it wasn't me. Even the engineer told me before we started it was abit tempremental.

Quote Originally Posted by jd everytime View Post

has anyone have a ptoblem with cake dust building up on the chute and blocking hole for cake to drop out? I need to clean it regularly but im going toturn the delivery bit a quarter turn to there is a bigget gap for cake to fall brfore hitting chute.
    JD we had this prolem with the nuts, we got our feed mill to make them 'non fat coated' which seems to have helped a great deal, not sure why it works though.