Thread: Bank charges

Bank charges

What is everyone paying to cash and write cheques? I am currently paying 1.30 for the privelage with Hsbc!!

Re: Bank charges

28p to pay in ,65p to write out ... Lloyds TSB .

rbs 18p

With HSBC Up to 20 cheques a month free after that 1 each, all DD/standing orders/paying in cheques are all free

Quote Originally Posted by Jon 3085 View Post
    28p to pay in ,65p to write out ... Lloyds TSB .
    As we're using internet banking more, we've just changed from Lloyds TSB 'Business Extra' to the 'Electronic Business' tarrif & there's no charge for any of the internet banking transactions.

The tarrifs are in the 2 righthand columns
    http://www.lloydstsbbusiness.com/rat...ourtariffs.asp

Cheques are still 65p & as it's over a pound to post payment now , there's not many folk get paid that way now!
    It all adds up!

Im with Lloyds and have recently changed account number so argued I should get free banking for 18 months as they advertised for new accounts. They reluctantly agreed in fear of losing the acc I guess. I now pay everything via BACS, however do still have to accept cheques and write to/from dinosaurs.

However with Lloyds its a bit of a faff now as you have to wait 1 hour after setting each new payment up before it can be actioned and sent. Shame they cant cap the payments to say 5k for instant payment and let anything above that wait the 1 hr

Nothing at all With Santander-free business banking. Mostly doing everthing by bacs but cheques are free to write and cash. Try to avoid cos postage is ridiculous too