Thread: Firefox dosn't display some photos

Firefox dosn't display some photos

http://www.borderlivestock.co.uk/auctions.php

On the above web page i cann't see the photo's of the machines for sale. All the other photo's are there as normal its only the machines for sale that are missing. I can view them OK in internet explorer. Is there an add on or some setting to change in Firefox?

Re: Firefox dosn't display some photos

Very odd.
    They all show for me using Chrome & Internet Explorer but I seem to have the same issue as you in F/Fox. I checked my settings and in the 'content' tab, images are supposed to load automatically. There isn't even any indication that pictures are there but not loading. I wonder how many other sites I've looked at and not even realised that I was missing the pictures?

Same here with Aurora (Firefox 22 beta) but works with Safari. Mac OSX10.7.5.

If you look at the picture URLs it's very strange - e.g.
    borderlivestock.co.uk/New%20Holland%20-%20Cropped/TX66%20a

Firstly the %'s mean they have left spaces in the names (unwise) and it doesn't end in .jpg or any other normal file type.
    Bad design basically.

Hmmm

How strange - same for me!!

This is not really an issue with Firefox, it is rendering the page accurately, unfortunately there are quite a few errors in it which means the page is not functioning correctly. The reason you can see the page in other browsers is that they recognise the fault and take account of this. 4wd is correct about the % character known as a wildcard, these are injected by web scripting engines and web design programs to aid web security.

With the proliferation of smart phones and tablet media, site compatibility takes so much more testing and development time these days. This also means the technical knowledge and understanding of its importance is now beyond the web administrator role, hence you can end up with anomalies like this one where pages work in some browsers and not others.

(PS I'm a Software Engineer )

I'm guessing the the reason for the lack of images showing up is the fact that it's declaration has an error in it meaning Firefox is reading it as strictly obeying XHTML1 document rather than being a transitional XHTML1 document, this will make certain tags non functional, hence the issues with the images.

I have found that when viewing my Yorkshire Water account on FireFox then I cannot open PDF invoices. On IE it works OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Courier View Post
    I have found that when viewing my Yorkshire Water account on FireFox then I cannot open PDF invoices. On IE it works OK.

I think one of the recent Firefox updates changed it to viewing PDF's within Firefox. About the same time Foxit reader which I have used for ages updated to a newer version, still the free one but it has changed dramatically!! still getting used to it.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/

Are you opening PDF's with Firefox or another viewer??

ff