Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Maschio power harrow

  1. #1
    Senior Member Spotty Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    342

    Maschio power harrow

    How does one change a broken rotor on a Maschio DM power harrow ? Do i have to take the top off or will it come out from the bottom ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    suffolk
    Posts
    324

    Re: Maschio power harrow

    I think its a top off job

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    somerset now working in the real world
    Posts
    929

    Re: Maschio power harrow

    it is and a right PIA too.. no tips really just make sure all your tools fit proper and dont be too hasty coz ur knucks wont thankk you, helped replace one on our old one.. its since been replaced with a kuhn with kwik fit tines, a far better machine (for us)
    the maschico can suffer a bit on stoney ground if you let the tines get short.. the seals will go...
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    heart of scotland
    Posts
    100

    Re: Maschio power harrow

    when you look the boock it looks like if you take top cap off nut off bottom bearing holder bolts out it would drop out but could be wrong we got a dm to creation off the divel himself.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Spotty Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    342

    Re: Maschio power harrow

    Hmm, think i'll leave that rotor alone for now - its still got one tine on it and the gap might let the stones through better.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    heart of scotland
    Posts
    100

    Re: Maschio power harrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Spotty Dog View Post
    Hmm, think i'll leave that rotor alone for now - its still got one tine on it and the gap might let the stones through better.
    although our maschio can lose tines at an alarming rate it has never actualy broke anything as yet its had a few sets of cluch plates but the tine bolts just shear far to easy

  7. #7
    Senior Member Spotty Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    342

    Re: Maschio power harrow

    Quote Originally Posted by fester View Post
    although our maschio can lose tines at an alarming rate it has never actualy broke anything as yet its had a few sets of cluch plates but the tine bolts just shear far to easy
    Ha! bring it down to the farm i'm drilling on at the moment - its like a quarry. I'm quite good at lifting over the rocks as i see them but this particular one caught me out today. God help the combine driver.
    (that'll be me then ).

  8. #8

    Re: Maschio power harrow

    To remove rotor you remove top bearing. Using proper maschio socket or homemade pipe cut to fit nut, remove nut on top of the gear. Rotor is then free to drop out underneath(sometimes with persuasion). Literally 15 min job. Done plenty.

    Rob

  9. #9
    Senior Member MF-ANDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    s e cambs
    Posts
    250

    Re: Maschio power harrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob 7840 View Post
    To remove rotor you remove top bearing. Using proper maschio socket or homemade pipe cut to fit nut, remove nut on top of the gear. Rotor is then free to drop out underneath(sometimes with persuasion). Literally 15 min job. Done plenty.

    Rob
    +1. worst job is removing top bearing especially if it is under the frame. as said you will need a tool to remove the nut on top of the gear

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    heart of scotland
    Posts
    100

    Re: Maschio power harrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Spotty Dog View Post
    Ha! bring it down to the farm i'm drilling on at the moment - its like a quarry. I'm quite good at lifting over the rocks as i see them but this particular one caught me out today. God help the combine driver.
    (that'll be me then ).
    we have some ground the same its the one,s you dont see that get it

  11. #11
    Senior Member Spotty Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    342

    Re: Maschio power harrow

    Update ; the broken rotor is the middle one, directly under the main gearbox and appears to have a big nut countersunk into the bottom of it so if i remove this nut the tine holder (which is the bit thats broken) should come off separately from the rest of the rotor.
    Lucky or what ?

  12. #12
    Senior Member Footsfitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hants
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Maschio power harrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Spotty Dog View Post
    Update ; the broken rotor is the middle one, directly under the main gearbox and appears to have a big nut countersunk into the bottom of it so if i remove this nut the tine holder (which is the bit thats broken) should come off separately from the rest of the rotor.
    Lucky or what ?
    Sounds about right, bit of jammy luck!

    I may have the special tool for the top castellated nut, we had both a HM, then a DM, and had it for one of them.


    ff

  13. #13
    Senior Member Spotty Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    342

    Re: Maschio power harrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Sounds about right, bit of jammy luck!

    I may have the special tool for the top castellated nut, we had both a HM, then a DM, and had it for one of them.


    ff
    I'll bear that in mind next time i'm in Hampshire Peter

  14. #14

    Re: Maschio power harrow

    Correct. The rotor directly beneath the gearbox is held by a large nut underneath. The gear in the trough is powered through a coller direct from the gear box drive. The centre rotors can be barstewards to drop off once nut is off. They are splined onto the shaft iirc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •