Thread: Electric AGA?

Electric AGA?

Anybody got one? is it a conversion or not, is it as simple as an oil one ?

Re: Electric AGA?

Can't be much help but when I was looking for an oil one a few years ago electric ones were a lot cheaper and now of course they can be a better bet linked to renewables.I would have thought they would be no m ore complicated then oil.

My mum has one and its been good.occasionally the top fan will get clogged with dust and they all seem to attract static.if you get one you won't regret it.
    nick.......

Our aga man said electric cost alot to run and spare parts very expensive compared to oil.

Get a wind turbine as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by RGT View Post
    Get a wind turbine as well ?
    And boil as many kettles as you can while the wind blows.

We have a 13amp one. Got it five years ago. I think any extra running cost is saved back in reduced servicing cost. Ours had a once over at a year old then it was recommended every five years after that.

Totally love ours.

We do have a Gaia turbine though.

I have a 13amp electric Aga with 3 ovens. Great job hasn't been turned off in 6 years and cooked in and on almost every day. Clean heat never smokes, never blows back or needs chimney cleaned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    We have a 13amp one. Got it five years ago. I think any extra running cost is saved back in reduced servicing cost. Ours had a once over at a year old then it was recommended every five years after that.

Totally love ours.

We do have a Gaia turbine though.
    We run ours on a Proven 6kw turbine..
    Do you keep yours at a constant temperature or have you gone for a module to set for cooking times?

Quote Originally Posted by grassmanman View Post
    We run ours on a Proven 6kw turbine..
    Do you keep yours at a constant temperature or have you gone for a module to set for cooking times?
    No we didn't bother. It seemed expensive to me. Also my wife works from home and we don't really eat at set times so I wouldn't know what to set it for.

To me, the point of an Aga or Rayburn is that you can cook, have hot water etc if there is a power cut. I was suprised to find most are now not gravity fed, so go out when there is a cut. Does the turbine have capacity to store so that in times of light wind or power cuts, you still have heat etc?

If your looking to put one in then dont. Having just built mother a new house we looked at agas rayburns and the like and then we found a firm called everhot in Dursley. Their product uses less leccy and is a marvel of british design. She has a grill, oven warming oven then a hob. On half of it she has an induction hob. I cannot recommend them enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Derky View Post
    If your looking to put one in then dont. Having just built mother a new house we looked at agas rayburns and the like and then we found a firm called everhot in Dursley. Their product uses less leccy and is a marvel of british design. She has a grill, oven warming oven then a hob. On half of it she has an induction hob. I cannot recommend them enough.

We put in an Everhot when we moved last year, having had an oil fired Aga at our previous house. It is much cheaper to run than the old Aga and has the advantage that each oven and hot plate is individually controlable, unlike electric Agas.

+++ Everhot - had ours for two years - love it (replaced an Aga)

My folks have an Everhot, replaced a Rayburn, as above, brilliant !