Thread: wanted lame/plain cull cows

wanted lame/plain cull cows

Wanted lame/plain cull cows worn out cattle&stock bulls best prices paid.payment on collection. large or small numbers.free haulage from central and northern england direct to abattior.tb restricted cattle taken.email me for contact number thanks

Re: wanted lame/plain cull cows

How are you paying for these cows? payment as a flat rate, or by grades, or just a lump sum? Are they being sent straight to slaughter house or to a feed lot?

When I pick the cows up we agree a price per cow and I pay you there and then.or if you prefer you can be paid dead weight.the type off cattle I take are cattle that are not fit to go to auction but are OK to take direct to slaughter

Just watch very carefully people and make sure that anything not fit to travel doesn't go to an abattoir or you will have a lairage vet at your door with a welfare prosecution file for you regardless of who transported the animal. I work for Dept Ag vet service in N Ireland and have seen this happen many times.
    In God we trust. ALL others pay CASH!!!!!

Garath I never transport cattle that are not fit to travel.some dairy farmers are very proud men and instead of sending there old lame dairy cows to the local auction they would rather they went direct to abattoir. That's the service I'm offering

Quote Originally Posted by cull cows View Post
    Garath I never transport cattle that are not fit to travel.some dairy farmers are very proud men and instead of sending there old lame dairy cows to the local auction they would rather they went direct to abattoir. That's the service I'm offering
    And if properly done, a very valuable service. The same should apply with sheep so that lame and crippled ewes, tups and lambs aren't left to languish on farms.

Absolutely, the do-gooders have a lot to answer for in prolonging suffering by encouraging farmers to hold lame animals for weeks or months because it must somehow be a bad thing for them to stand in a trailer for a couple of hours.

Surely the best option all round if a problem is becoming unresolvable is for the animal to go - before it loses condition and endures painful repeated treatment and drug therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by cull cows View Post
    I am very glad to hear it. There are some people here that could do with taking a leaf out of your book. You should see the state of some the specimins i have seen being presented for slaughter.

Sounds like a good service, is there anybody who does that in the SW england?

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Bryson View Post
    I am very glad to hear it. There are some people here that could do with taking a leaf out of your book. You should see the state of some the specimins i have seen being presented for slaughter.
    Would Slaughter not be the best option for those specimins though ?

We have to send our poorly/lame cows to derby! Which part of the food chain do these lame/plain cows end up in? So I know to avoid eating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    We have to send our poorly/lame cows to derby! Which part of the food chain do these lame/plain cows end up in? So I know to avoid eating it.
    They disguise plain lame cow meat as horse meat you know.

I would say the vast majority of it gets minced.

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    That will be pickstocks.I started doing this service because I used to work for them and thought I could cut out the middle man

I will come pick cattle up from you but the cost off fuel would have to come off price I can pay

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Bryson View Post
    I would say the vast majority of it gets minced.
    Your wrong the the vast majority gets slaughtered and exported to Europe