Thread: 150mm (6inch) drainage coil, Perforated twin wall or just twin wall lenghts

150mm (6inch) drainage coil, Perforated twin wall or just twin wall lenghts

AS title suggests, need about 1 km.

Pm if youve got any!

Cheers

Re: 150mm (6inch) drainage coil, Perforated twin wall or just twin wall lenghts

I don't know if they do it nationally but I found JDP were the cheapest for 60mm perforated drainage pipe, came to less than 50p/m, I bought 2 km of it.
    If in doubt get a bigger hammer

No offense Badshot but i wouldn't use anything less than 100mm you might regret using 60mm.

I might if I didn't have a jetter, takes no time at all to jet plastic pipe. I wasn't suggesting he use 60mm, I was just pointing out that JDP were the cheapest for perforated drainage pipe when I was buying. Well that I could find quickly anyway.

Cotterill Civils, ask for Mark.

www.cotterillcivils.co.uk

badshot
    it is you a remember that moled in some perforated drainage pipe?
    Has it worked?

Badshot

I have never used a drain jetter before how far up the pipe do you send the jetter? As surely it will only clear the the first section of the drainage system and not any of the laterals.

Badshot.
    How long do you think the drains will be effective for without drainage stone?. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimJackson View Post
    Badshot.
    How long do you think the drains will be effective for without drainage stone?. Jim

No idea really, but suffice to say nearly all the drains on the farm were originally done with straw 40 years ago. There is no trace of the straw left and they still run well, except those that have collapsed tiles. With a cost of less than 50p/m for the pipe and laying 600m single handed in an afternoon they don't need to last that long to pay for themselves. On rented ground I don't want to spend too much, and if need be I can whip the jetter up 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Badshot View Post
    I don't know if they do it nationally but I found JDP were the cheapest for 60mm perforated drainage pipe, came to less than 50p/m, I bought 2 km of it.
    I thought 60mm would be less than 50p, 80mm is only a few pence more.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Badshot

I have never used a drain jetter before how far up the pipe do you send the jetter? As surely it will only clear the the first section of the drainage system and not any of the laterals.
    Sorry Joseph, I have only just seen your question.

The jetter can go up to 500m up a drain, the longest I've done so far was just short of 400m. You can do laterals but need a good map with measurements on, send the jetter up the main with a tracka on to get the run of it. Once you find the first lateral you can measure and get the rest, but you do need a lot of water for this,(somewhere in the region of 100l/min) either a big bowser or be close enough to a ditch to have a feed from it. It is not a quick job, but immensely satisfying when it works well.

Luckily I have very few herringbone systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetor View Post
    I thought 60mm would be less than 50p, 80mm is only a few pence more.
    Well it was actually 42p, but varied greatly from supplier to supplier so didn't want to get anyone too excited if they couldn't get too close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJackson View Post
    These old tile drains have no backfill and they draw water really well despite being 6ft deep in clay, gravel is getting so expensive i would be tempted to use the money saved on gravel to buy more pipe and reduce the lateral spacing if i were moleing pipe in.

Recyclers are now screening crushed brick for pipe bedding it's cheaper because you avoid the aggregate tax and you get more bulk per tonne because it's lighter