Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Massey ferguson 35

Re: Massey ferguson 35

John, the LTX was to be the "big grey Fergie", or more properly the Large Tractor Experimental, it was quite revolutionary, but MF decided on using a corporate parts bin approach, so they gave us the 35/65 and killed the LTX.

Dad always told me years back that you could do anything 'flat out in fifth gear' in a 135 - he and his mate used to argue over who could do the most! Had ours out power washing at the weekend. Its the only tractor thats been here longer than me!! And it'll outlast me if I have anything to do with it, restoration is in the line with my 1969 series 2a 109 LR and late father in laws MK11 Major. Wife calls them my 'retirement projects' .....I'm 36!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmiccrofter View Post
    John, the LTX was to be the "big grey Fergie", or more properly the Large Tractor Experimental, it was quite revolutionary, but MF decided on using a corporate parts bin approach, so they gave us the 35/65 and killed the LTX.
    Interesting. I've been around MF stuff for nearly 50 years & have never heard of it. Do you know more of what was planned it would be?

JV