Thread: computer program / farm plan

computer program / farm plan

we have got to that stage were we need a computer program for livestock info and records .

we have seen and read about farm plan ? does anyone use it

we would like something that plans and predicts and reminds you of tasks .if it did various animal groups as opposed to just cattle or sheep this would be great does anyone know of one

thanks tcf

Re: computer program / farm plan

If you scratch your head a little, you can do all you want and the exact way you want it with excel... Access does good also I hear, but it's not dummy proof enough for me.........
    Be your self and speak your mind. Them that matter won't mind and the others don't matter

dont know enough about farm plan to comment on it .i would sugest that you look at sum-it but it may do far more than you want to start with .most software firms would send you a demo to look at for free i would do that and then make a decesion in conjuction with any recomendations .I know you could do it on excell but you would spend more time setting it up if you were to have a realy comprehensive program

We use farm plan and get on very well with.

Quote Originally Posted by fir tree View Post
    dont know enough about farm plan to comment on it .i would sugest that you look at sum-it but it may do far more than you want to start with .most software firms would send you a demo to look at for free i would do that and then make a decesion in conjuction with any recomendations .I know you could do it on excell but you would spend more time setting it up if you were to have a realy comprehensive program
    Sum-IT seem to have a pretty good package as you say and they do demo disks as I have one from them. We use farmdata's CattleData program at present but we may well move to another system in the near future.
    Stay in Northamptonshire - meadowviewcottages.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by miketm150 View Post
    We use farm plan and get on very well with.
    x2

Lines Mitchell's Farm Matters. Pretty simple with excellent back up and prepared to discuss and add improvements.

Have looked at the farmplan animal software and quite impressed by it although haven't invested in it. Think the arable program is average at best though.
    Just out of interest, what do people mainly use the farmplan cattle software for? I find a can get a large amount of information on the herd purely off the bcms website. What are the main other benefits that people find?

Farm plan is good for the basics, if you want it to do anything clever, it will fall over.

Hello everyone,
    this thread is fairly old and I wonder if one of you has still a need for a farm management solution. If so, get in contact with MCI Systems Ltd, sales@mcisystems.co.uk and have a chat about your specific business requirements. MCI Systems offers bespoke software solutions such as crop analyzing, traceability of all raw materials, weight control to relevant legislation, monitoring and control of quality, analyzing yield and waste, advanced reports or labeling just to name a few.

MCI Systems Ltd.
    Alfred House
    3A Waverley Lane
    Farnham
    Surrey GU9 8BB
    United Kingdom
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/mci-systems-ltd.
    Web: www.mcisystems.co.uk