Thread: Claydon Open Day

Claydon Open Day

Once again it was a fantastic day at the Claydon open day. With around 55-60 people attending it was a packed out hall for the 3 speakers, plus Geoff Claydon giving a presentation for the morning. After lunch we had a farm/factory tour with much interest being taken in the new 'wet weather' kit available amongst many other new developments in the pipeline... Watch this space!

Frank Claydon came down with his drill to give us a hand getting finished so I thought I would take a few pictures to show the difference between the 'wet weather' kit and the 'conventional' Claydon kit.

Wet Weather kit, spring wheat:

Conventional kit, spring wheat:

Linseed, not drilled into the best of conditions but still looking promising:

Wet weather kit, spring beans:

Conventional kit, spring beans:

Conventional kit, winter rape:

Would just like to thank all at Claydons for a great day and continued support throughout the year that is second to none. The open day allows Claydon users to all get together and pick up tips from each other as well as potential new customers to hear first hand experience's with the drill from all across the country.

Re: Claydon Open Day

That is looking good Chris. I was too busy to come to the open days this year unfortunately. Actually I'll add it was seriously wet at drilling so is looking fantastic.

Playing with that sprayer no doubt. Badshot looking at your pictures you had an adjustable steering colunm. because mine hasnt they say (trimble) it wont fit will be following it up with your guys Though.

Do you want a number?

Yes Badshot, in a normal year we wouldn't have drilled but it just goes to show if you persevere you can still get good results.

After having a good look round today I can say the pictures are misleading

Those crops are as good as any and better than most, I personally think the ones drilled with the normal A share are better at the moment, and the beans drilled with the bean chute rather than the wet kit appear better too which is the complete opposite to what I thought when I saw the drills working.

A very enjoyable day out in Essex.

Oh and did I say how shitty the conditions were at drilling? I wouldn't have been out there, but I've been proven very wrong and I don't mind admitting it.
    If in doubt get a bigger hammer

Where's the photo updates Chris?
    If in doubt get a bigger hammer

I shall walk round this week if I get the time and take some, spring wheat has just come on ear... will keep you posted.