Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silage making 2013

Re: Silage making 2013

couple from the isle of wight. more the view than the silage. meadow grass to be round baled.

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled View Post
    nothing but lumps. there's no doubt a good operator makes a hell of a difference but it still makes lumps and then you pull them in with a 4 rotor rake and that just lots of little lumps into big lumps.the man on the chopper hates them, theres nothing can slow the job down like one one of them can, we've got a chopper now that can handle them but it still slows it down a fair bit .scattering it with the mowers does a far more even job. theres a boy round here works with a 9ft tarup mower which is one of the best I've seen for spreading, I thought it was the same as that kv ????

Are you talking about tedders in general or this one in particular?

We got ours tedded out with a khun and made a good job with no complaints from chopper man. Would like one that would ted and row.

Quote Originally Posted by causeway cowboy View Post

We got ours tedded out with a khun and made a good job with no complaints from chopper man. Would like one that would ted and row.
    machines that claim to do multiple jobs are generally shit at both

Quote Originally Posted by vinnie123 View Post
    machines that claim to do multiple jobs are generally shit at both
    Jack of all
    Master of none

Quote Originally Posted by causeway cowboy View Post

tedders in general , again its usually down to the operator , usually if im heading out to cut and theres a tedder following me im told to make sure there not going to fast , think the record was getting told 6 times in the space of half an hour to make sure told the tedder operator to go steady with it .you dont want to be chopping behind someone thats been tedding and charging by the acre

Made little video of our process this year, its no big impressive setup like most, but does the job, and means we can do it all ourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwBgsRshlPk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XFaz3s6Quw

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    that's not good news as I am keen on those as my next mower when I come to change soon.
    I agree with Tullyv. ours spreads it brilliantly, many fewer lumps than when we used to ted it out. How fast are you driving, we have fairly light crops as we tend to go for quality and mow at 18 km.

Nice videos Darren, you other videos are interesting too, not seen them all yet though

Quote Originally Posted by farmboymark View Post
    Nice videos Darren, you other videos are interesting too, not seen them all yet though

Thanks,

Sadly up until now my youtube channel has been dominated by my car hobby, but trying to introduce a bit more farming related stuff into it now!