Thread: Aerworx aerator

Aerworx aerator

Does any body know of a contractor/farmer in south wales area with one of these http://aerworx.com/ to hire.

Re: Aerworx aerator

Quote Originally Posted by 884 View Post
    Does any body know of a contractor/farmer in south wales area with one of these http://aerworx.com/ to hire.
    Looks a businesslike job - it would be interesting to hear how you get on with it!
    Bright ideas for successful farming www.farmideas.co.uk

Information that isn't any use to you I know, but there's a couple working up here in the North. One's in the Preston area and the others gone Durham way.
    We're planned to have it next week. Looking forward to doing half a field just to see if it does do some good.
    I'm a great believer of a good dry spell doing the most good in aerating the land when it dries out and cracks.

There's one in Brecon.
    Gwyn Williams. 07817 209194

He hires them out as well if that suits you better.

bought one this year,very good piece of kit,need plenty of weight on front of tractor,just changed our main tractor to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimF View Post
    Information that isn't any use to you I know, but there's a couple working up here in the North. One's in the Preston area and the others gone Durham way.
    We're planned to have it next week. Looking forward to doing half a field just to see if it does do some good.
    I'm a great believer of a good dry spell doing the most good in aerating the land when it dries out and cracks.
    So Jim F........8 months on are you pleased with the job your Aerworx aerator has done?

That hasn't changed. Just after using the machine last summer, we did get a good long dry spell.

That hasn't changed. Just after using the machine last summer, we did get a good long dry spell.
    Did it do some good? Are you a fan of the Aerworx?

Quote Originally Posted by Curvebender View Post
    Did it do some good?
    I took a few photos while we were using it doing parts of fields. If it's not too wet tomorrow I'll take some more pictures from exactly the same places and you can make your own mind up to see if there's any difference.

Are you a fan of the Aerworx?
    Out of all Aeriators I've seen, the Aerworx is probably the best, although Walter Watson now make one just about the same.

I'm yet to be convinced that these aerator machines make a significant difference where they are used, I'm automatically cynical about a lot of things. I bet many farmers would get better grass growth if they soil tested and used TSP and MOPas required rather than spend time and money on metal.

Maybe this year I will see something and be convinced.

I took a few photos while we were using it doing parts of fields. If it's not too wet tomorrow I'll take some more pictures from exactly the same places and you can make your own mind up to see if there's any difference.

Out of all Aeriators I've seen, the Aerworx is probably the best, although Walter Watson now make one just about the same.
    Have you had chance to take some pics JimF? Interested to see what sort of job it does.

Have you got the blades in line or horizontal on your machine?

Sorry, it's been way too wet for picture taking. Might have a go tomorrow but it won't really do anything any justice.

These were from last June.

You could get the full length of all my fingers down those slits. Didn't lift a stone or a sod either.

looks a good job, does it really roll and slit in one go, as in if it hits a stone will it raise up. perhaps u havent done enough but i still think it is a good two for one job, do u

Jim F did you ever get a chance to take any more pictures? ?

why dont the pictures show on this thread anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by scholsey View Post
    why dont the pictures show on this thread anymore?
    Permissions issue with hosting site or they are no longer available.