Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Claas Senator 80

Re: Claas Senator 80

Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    Tried to lift a couple pics off eBay but using phone so not sure if it will work
    Attachment 233
    Attachment 234

One for the shows eventually, looks about 5 years old!

Quote Originally Posted by essexpete View Post
    One for the shows eventually, looks about 5 years old!
    I remember seeing that one. Lovely old thing. Someone has looked after her well.

Thanks for the advice chaps, your encyclopaedic knowledge is greatly appreciated.

I think there may be too much play in a few of the wooden bearings on the straw walkers. I know earlier it was said there should be 2-3mm lift on them. Will there be shims in there to remove to tighten up the slakest couple of bearings?

I think there may be too much play in a few of the wooden bearings on the straw walkers. I know earlier it was said there should be 2-3mm lift on them. Will there be shims in there to remove to tighten up the slakest couple of bearings?
    Yes, there are shims in there but you must be careful. Take too much slack out and they will get hot. And before you do anything you MUST take the walker drive belt off. Take the plate and wooden block off the bottom half of the bearing and you will find that each shim only goes through two of the bolts - you will see what I mean when you take it apart. Anyway, take out what shims you need to and then BEFORE you fully tighten things back up again turn the walker pulley by hand for a few revolutions. By doing this the blocks will "settle" down again on the shaft. If you haven't taken the belt off and didn't turn things over by hand before tightening the block that you have taken the shims out of the bearings will "push and pull" at each other.

I hope that makes sense.

Been working at the 6 sided & drum belts today. Got all off fine & got the new 6 sided belt in place. Having a job with the new drum belts though. Can get new belt on outer drum pulleys fine but struggling to get it over to the inner pulleys. Any advice?

Must say that all the advice & tips thus far has been a big help to this novice & is greatly appreciated!

Been working at the 6 sided & drum belts today. Got all off fine & got the new 6 sided belt in place. Having a job with the new drum belts though. Can get new belt on outer drum pulleys fine but struggling to get it over to the inner pulleys. Any advice?

Must say that all the advice & tips thus far has been a big help to this novice & is greatly appreciated!
    If the little hydraulic rams the increase the drum speed have had washers put onto them, take them off & open up the hydraulic pulley sheeves fully.
    If you are still having problems your going to need those spring loaded pulleys opened up further. Not easy, in fact nie impossible with tools, either correct one or something strong made up, the drum belts go on fine with both pulleys open, they should be OK with just the hydraulic pulley fully open.
    Good luck
    Oh when you are finished try drum speed without washers on rams to start with, do not exceed 1600rpm max, should be 1500rpm in reality. Drum belts should not climb out of pulleys & the tension should be spot on the same on both belts.

Got them on cheers!