Thread: computer gone slow and BFF crashes?

computer gone slow and BFF crashes?

When browsing BFF best way of discribing it is a bit jerky! works fine then stops and starts. and on three occasions has crashed out all together!

should add it does it on other sites to.

Whats really wierd is i can type faster than my laptop puts iton tescreen and it keeps missing out lettes orspaces so it maks you think your going mad and takes blood ages to do anything. got todo my accouns in a minute hope its jus when i'm on the net and not all thetime.

deliberaty not edited out the misstakes in that last pargraph to give you and idea of whats its like.

Re: computer gone slow and BFF crashes?

I'll leave this for the IT experts to answer but it is certainly your computer at fault and not the website.

Have you given it a clean up lately by running CleanUp or Spybot?

Which operating system?
    Is it set to download updates automatically.

It always sounds like a joke but have you re-booted recently?
    Windows7 is so stable on mine I usually just let them sleep and they only get rebooted when an update requires it - but sometimes windows gets a bit stuck in a loop trying to index things.

I find the crapcleaner and similar programs rarely needed these days, unless you tried all the basic housekeeping with no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    When browsing BFF best way of discribing it is a bit jerky! works fine then stops and starts. and on three occasions has crashed out all together!

Whats really wierd is i can type faster than my laptop puts iton tescreen and it keeps missing out lettes orspaces so it maks you think your going mad and takes blood ages to do anything. got todo my accouns in a minute hope its jus when i'm on the net and not all thetime.

deliberaty not edited out the misstakes in that last pargraph to give you and idea of whats its like.

I had a problem like yours with a Vista laptop. Used a USB stick to add more 'RAM' or something. There is a technical term for it, something 'turbo' or other I think. It makes a huge difference. No idea why it suddenly went on work-to-rule though. Most peculiar.

When you downloaded Pixresizer to resize your avatar, you said that you clicked the wrong link first time & had a bit of trouble till you got the right one. I bet you have down loaded something else at first which has installed its self and slowing down your laptop.

Have a look in control panel, add/remove programs & see if there is anything there that looks/sounds similar to what you may of clicked on, see if you can remove it? If you get stuck, perhaps best for your Brother in law to look at it??

rgds

ff

The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post
    Which operating system?
    Is it set to download updates automatically.

It always sounds like a joke but have you re-booted recently?
    Windows7 is so stable on mine I usually just let them sleep and they only get rebooted when an update requires it - but sometimes windows gets a bit stuck in a loop trying to index things.

I find the crapcleaner and similar programs rarely needed these days, unless you tried all the basic housekeeping with no effect.
    On windows 7, and autodown loads. did a ran Cclean earlier but has made nodifference.

FF

Yes you are right it only started doing it when i accendially clicked the wrong down load icon for pixresizer and installed something else, but i have deleted that, or at least i thought i had but maybe itsstill running somewere in the back ground?

just been on ebay and it was almost impossible to browse! waslikeon old dial up

[QUOTE=Footsfitter;1238]When you downloaded Pixresizer to resize your avatar, you said that you clicked the wrong link first time & had a bit of trouble till you got the right one. I bet you have down loaded something else at first which has installed its self and slowing down your laptop.

Have a look in control panel, add/remove programs & see if there is anything there that looks/sounds similar to what you may of clicked on, see if you can remove it? If you get stuck, perhaps best for your Brother in law to look at it??

Had a look and low and behold there was a dozon or so newly installed stuff that was dated yesterday!! deleted it all except the pix resizer and touch wood has coured the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    When you downloaded Pixresizer to resize your avatar, you said that you clicked the wrong link first time & had a bit of trouble till you got the right one. I bet you have down loaded something else at first which has installed its self and slowing down your laptop.

Had a look and low and behold there was a dozon or so newly installed stuff that was dated yesterday!! deleted it all except the pix resizer and touch wood has coured the problem.
    Don't do thing by half then.................!

Btw, looks like when you quoted my post to reply, you managed to delete/wipe out the tags at the end of the quotation like these- [/QUOTE] they match up with a similar one at the beginning. When missing the text won't be "quoted" as happened in your post above......................your get the hang of it!!!

rgds

ff
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

More RAM needed by the sound of it

There was a Windows 7 update the other day which is why I mentioned it, they can sometimes take a surprisingly long time to download and install, and use a fair bit of resource.
    Sounds like you spotted the problem some sort of piggy-back program?
    With luck simply uninstalling will work OK.

Laptop still working fine.

ram is 6GB

and i have 362GB free space Hard drive

intel core I5

should be enough to surf BFF

as for the broadband more like slow outback village band

Thanks for the help FF