Thread: A Pair of Jaguars in 1st Cut

A Pair of Jaguars in 1st Cut

Had another go with the quadcopter last week when we had two SPFHs on the go.

Cheers

Re: A Pair of Jaguars in 1st Cut

Very impressive

Is it controlled through an iPhone or a conventional twin joystick controller?

You're getting really good at the camera angles and movement!
    Interesting to see slits still visible from the earlier slurry injection.

Plenty of "professional cameramen" would be pleased with that - Very impressed.

Thanks everyone.

Bread_Boy - Fairly standard controller. I have no idea what it's filming until I take the card out.

4wd - The slots will probably still be there until Autumn but we're pretty wet round here so there's no problem injecting every year. Lots of little lamb feet also do a good job of knitting them up when hey get on after 2nd cut.
    I've added a little gadget to the bottom that allows me to fly sideways while keeping the camera level and backwards/forwards without changing the pitch. There's still plently of rubbish footage you haven't seen though!

There's a couple more here for those of you who hadn't seen them:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapeltonBeefSires

Cheers

Great video, I enjoyed that!

Quote Originally Posted by Chapelton View Post
    Thanks everyone.

Bread_Boy - Fairly standard controller. I have no idea what it's filming until I take the card out.

4wd - The slots will probably still be there until Autumn but we're pretty wet round here so there's no problem injecting every year. Lots of little lamb feet also do a good job of knitting them up when hey get on after 2nd cut.
    I've added a little gadget to the bottom that allows me to fly sideways while keeping the camera level and backwards/forwards without changing the pitch. There's still plently of rubbish footage you haven't seen though!

Cheers
    if you have no idea how are you turning the thing about and getting the action shots then?

Quote Originally Posted by davidroberts30 View Post
    if you have no idea how are you turning the thing about and getting the action shots then?
    He has no idea what the footage that was taken was actually like, it could have been shaky, out of focus or actually missing the machines.

Great video, enjoyed it! Any pictures or videos of the pit work?

Very very impressive!! Look forward to seeing more of that kinda footage!! Well done!

Yep, looks great. Any chance of some pics of the filming equipment in action?!

David - Sheep has it about right. I have a fair bit of footage of the twin mowers but during takeoff the camera lens brushed some wet grass stubble and consequently the footage from that flight isn't great. Similarly, in the earlier videos I wasn't aware the camera had moved and you could see one of the quad's legs.

I'm just flying it by running round the field following it and pointing the quad in the direction of the machines. After a while you get to know roughly where you need to be. It does have a very wide lens which makes it a bit easier.

poorbuthappy - I'll try and get someone to take a few photos of it in action next time I'm out. Probably combining in 3 weeks or so but I'm hoping to do some livestock ones soon too.

Cheers

Great videos thanks for sharing with us look forward to seeing some more

David - Sheep has it about right. I have a fair bit of footage of the twin mowers but during takeoff the camera lens brushed some wet grass stubble and consequently the footage from that flight isn't great. Similarly, in the earlier videos I wasn't aware the camera had moved and you could see one of the quad's legs.

I'm just flying it by running round the field following it and pointing the quad in the direction of the machines. After a while you get to know roughly where you need to be. It does have a very wide lens which makes it a bit easier.

poorbuthappy - I'll try and get someone to take a few photos of it in action next time I'm out. Probably combining in 3 weeks or so but I'm hoping to do some livestock ones soon too.

Cheers
    A friend of mine has a pair of VR glasses allowing him to see what the cameras looking at rather than the having to work it out, he said it's a bit disorienting at first but he got used to it after a while.

This was his first flight with the goggles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_V65...ure=youtu.be&a

I really love the footage from your quadcopter. Brings a new dimention to farming videos. Quadcopters have so much potential and one day I promise, they will be used to bring in the cows for me for milking. The dog may become redundant.

Watch the whole of this video and you will see their potential.

http://youtu.be/w2itwFJCgFQ

I look forward to your next videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie Hammond View Post
    I really love the footage from your quadcopter. Brings a new dimention to farming videos. Quadcopters have so much potential and one day I promise, they will be used to bring in the cows for me for milking. The dog may become redundant.

Watch the whole of this video and you will see their potential.

http://youtu.be/w2itwFJCgFQ

I look forward to your next videos.
    At about 10 minutes he mentions 'skynet' this cannot be co-incidence!

Thanks everyone.

Cheers
    Is the vid with the Claas and Kuhn took in the big hill fields on rhs of main road on way to Springholm? Looks a bit familiar as I used to travel that road 2 or 3 times a week when a boy. Not been on it for years unfortunately.
    Last edited by Ulscots; 29-06-13 at 01:03 PM.

Ulscots - well spotted! The field is actually on the left. The wagon with the yellow cab at the start and the Claas pulling a stock trailer are heading towards Springholm which is only about 2 miles away.

Yeah, thought it was around there, used to sail up that A75 and be jealous of them big fields being cropped regularly cos if we ploughed a field you spent a fortnight lifting stones. Very few fences on 150 acres but loads of dry stone walls and big piles of stones in most fields, rock sticking out etc etc. We even had to have the slurry tank and silo blasted way back then.

Combine was out earlier this week so had a another go. Unfortunately there were no spare hands to take some photos of the filming but I'll try and get some when we cut the oats next week.

Combine was out earlier this week so had a another go. Unfortunately there were no spare hands to take some photos of the filming but I'll try and get some when we cut the oats next week.

All I can say is bloody fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by wellington53 View Post
    All I can say is bloody fantastic!
    +1 and some really impressive.

Was the combine driver too busy looking at the camera at 30 seconds in. :-)

Thanks,

JJT - I knew someone would come out with that! It would have looked even better if he had clattered the stone that was sitting there despite being marked with a stake.

Cheers

Had the Phantom out again when the twin mowers were working. It's been pretty unsettled so far and despite being cut dry, was quite wet when we got it lifted.

You're getting good at this, Chapelton. You and 4wd.
    Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.

What distance do they work up to? Be cheaper than a quad for going round the hill!

I have taken 100's x whatever wet film around the farms
    Then progressed to Digital about 1998
    What I've just seen blows the socks everything I've done WELL DONE
    Xlandman

chapleton,, I ken a name on one of those carts kkd , does he still have his big tanker , knew his old man roland , very interesting man ,been a while since up at new bungalow on hill top

Collies - they work about as far away as I'm happy to fly it. I've had it a long long way away before. If it looses connection it's supposed to fly back to where it took-off but I don't really want to test the theory.

Xlandman - thanks! There's a good few hours of editing in there and a lot of software which makes things a good bit easier.

7810 pilot - Indeed it used to be K's trailer before he sold it to the contracting team. His tanker went quite a while ago and I think he's moved down south. Was a fair tool!

Cheers