Thread: Krone round balers

Krone round balers

I would like to know somemore about krone round balers, can anyone give me there views on these new and old, good and bad pionts + and - all comments will be welcome.

Re: Krone round balers

Don't know much about them, but they have a heap of videos on YouTube of each baler

I got a nh548 which is basically a krone (chain and slat) easy to maintain 12 nipples + pto shaft oil on web chain and off you go, makes a very good hard bale. The only problem is that it is a bit noisey. Have done 50 an hour with it before.

i have a 1500 vp cutter which runs on sub 100hp .

all i can say is you wont win a race against other makes but if you can get it under the tractor it WILL bale it !!

parts from krone dealer are rocket propelled and i dont think are a ripp off either

would i have another -- Yes

dont know if that helps but you wanted my opinion

own and contract with roundpack, net is a balls in light crops, it wont go full width unless it is fed in when full wideth of grass is going in, works better at slower pto speed though.

plus points, mf 6180 1400rpm, no problem all day at 5mph up or downhill, very easy maintance and chops very well, bales everything 50 bales an hour possible in good crops or 20ft swaths, seem to be good for high bale numbers, copple at around 100000 bales and still working around here as back up, i havent done alot here about 9000 bales, but have baled straw, hay wholecrop, and all types of grass, never refused to bale anything yet.

would buy anther hopefully a comprima 155 in two years, wouldnt look at anyother baler now, they arent slow but as with all balers its the size of crop that dictates bales per hour.

biggest problem is net feed in, pissed me off more days in light crops.

Easy to drive, low power requirement. The new belt and slat on the new balers (Comprima) is a development of the chain and slat, quieter and grips the material better producing better bales. Camless pickup, with no problems as far as I know and like all Krone kit built very well.

They hold the world record of number of straw bales produced in 1 hour. http://landmaschinen.krone.de/englis...a-worldrecord/

By all accounts a very capable baler, don't know why so many people are blinkered by just McHale / Welger / NH ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim B View Post
    Easy to drive, low power requirement. The new belt and slat on the new balers (Comprima) is a development of the chain and slat, quieter and grips the material better producing better bales. Camless pickup, with no problems as far as I know and like all Krone kit built very well.

They hold the world record of number of straw bales produced in 1 hour. http://landmaschinen.krone.de/englis...a-worldrecord/

By all accounts a very capable baler, don't know why so many people are blinkered by just McHale / Welger / NH ?

net feed is sorted on the comprima from what im told, that is the single biggest issue with the older krones

i used to work a chain and slat 1800 and it wouldnt win any races but a nice steady pace, when baling short silage it helped to feed in a wee bit of grass as the net started or it would wrap round the rubber roller.

did a year on a new comprima and it was a joy, 15,000 bales of silage hay and straw and was pretty spot on, only thing to watch was for grass build up where the net come through or it wouldnt spread perfectly

We have had a KR125, KR160, KR130, 3 x Roundpack1250 and now a Comprima F125 and Comprima V150XC. Had a John Deere 580 in between that lot but didn't get on well with it at all.

Had some gearbox problems with the KR160's stripping teeth of the gears (Seemed to use same gearbox as the 130 and wasn't up to the job). One of the 1250's gave some netting problems but the rest have been fine.

The 2 new Comprima's have both had a modification done to the net system and that has sorted out any problems, not that they were that bad to begin with (V155 was fine but the F125 wasn't putting it out to the edges).

The V155 takes more power to drive it than the fixed 125 but it can produce a lot tighter bale.

The comprima is a lot quieter than the chain ones and is a well put together baler. Speaking to the Krone men at the Highland show and there hasn't been anything changed for this season on the balers so must not be much wrong with them.

The V155 has a double axle fitted which has taken alot of the bounce out it both in the field and on the road.

Also like 'Him' I have a 1250 and so far this year its been going perfect, last season with the wet heavy crops I was having bother getting it to take net, but this year I think we have her set up a lot better, and has netted every time!

Very easy driven and is very simple to work at. Was set on changing to a comprima for next season, but if the 1250 keeps going the way she is there isn't much point in changing.

is it true they are the best selling baler in Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by Tullyvernon View Post
    Also like 'Him' I have a 1250 and so far this year its been going perfect, last season with the wet heavy crops I was having bother getting it to take net, but this year I think we have her set up a lot better, and has netted every time!

Very easy driven and is very simple to work at. Was set on changing to a comprima for next season, but if the 1250 keeps going the way she is there isn't much point in changing.
    Hi,I have just purchased a Krone 1250 and I canít get it to take the net at all,just wraps it around the roller.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.Regards,Martin.

I don't have a Krone. But I think you apply talcum powder to the rubber roller, for this.