Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Website

Re: New Website

It's strange as I am on macbook pro, using safari and all seems to work fine. thank you for the feedback and I'll keep looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by jousty View Post
    It's strange as I am on macbook pro, using safari and all seems to work fine. thank you for the feedback and I'll keep looking at it.
    Here's an image of the website after doing a "cmd-" 4 times, which in practice I would never do by the way! None of the links appear to scale properly.

Clive Tee

Quote Originally Posted by jousty View Post
    Clicking on the link the site loads and scales correctly, 13" macbook pro using Safari or Aurora(Firefox beta). It's only when you zoom out (cmd-) it goes wrong as in the pic posted by Clive Tee. cmd- once in Aurora or 4 times in safari.

Quote Originally Posted by Paw View Post
    Clicking on the link the site loads and scales correctly, 13" macbook pro using Safari or Aurora(Firefox beta). It's only when you zoom out (cmd-) it goes wrong as in the pic posted by Clive Tee. cmd- once in Aurora or 4 times in safari.
    Mine's a 13" as well, everything up to date. But it goes wrong on my machine when you zoom in (cmd+) twice or more. cmd+ twice results in this (i.e. top right hand link goes wonky, and it gets worse if you cmd+ again):

PS. In my post where I show what I see with 4 x cmd-, the text in the menu items does not scale down with the rest of the site. But I have Safari set up to not go below a certain text size, so that could be the reason for that maybe?

Just tried JP Cladding which also has similar problems at least with the menu items. "Go to JP Concrete" disappears on the third zoom out cmd-.

Tried both sites with Chrome as well, although not an up to date version, and the problems were similar.
    Clive Tee

Clive, you're right, when zooming in the green menu banner does not scale along with the menu headings. Same in both browsers.
    This is what JPCladding looks like zoomed out in safari, Scales correct zooming in.

JPCladding_safari by Phlpwatkins, on Flickr
    It's OK in Aurora.

Smile Re: New Website

You don't seem to have anywhere where people can request a catalogue or brochure of your products, seems the only form on your site that collects any data is the quote form.
    I would have some kind of request catalogue or opt in form to collect data of people who are interested in your products but not ready for a quote yet, this will allow you to contact them on a regular basis and when someone is in the market for concrete products the first person they think of will be you.
    Overall a nice, clean and easy to navigate site, hope it does well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Berriman View Post
    You don't seem to have anywhere where people can request a catalogue or brochure of your products, seems the only form on your site that collects any data is the quote form.
    I would have some kind of request catalogue or opt in form to collect data of people who are interested in your products but not ready for a quote yet, this will allow you to contact them on a regular basis and when someone is in the market for concrete products the first person they think of will be you.
    Overall a nice, clean and easy to navigate site, hope it does well for you.
    Don't know what other people think, but I do not want to create the impression I'm going to fill your inbox with spam. Besides, I'm too busy keeping actual rather than possible customers happy. I hope people find me when they need me, and I leave them alone when they don't.
    Silos, tanks, - and much more! www.mickmoor.co.uk