Thread: Linking trimble cfx 750 to sprayer shut off.

Linking trimble cfx 750 to sprayer shut off.

Just put a trimble in the sprayer and using it on egnos really as a light bar. I want to link the unit to the on off on the sprayer box so it switches on and off the swath yellowing. Anyone know how its done or have any advice ? Many thanks.

Re: Linking trimble cfx 750 to sprayer shut off.

Trimble sell ez boom which can be run with 750. Think teetjet could do it too. That's an expensive light bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Trimble sell ez boom which can be run with 750. Think teetjet could do it too. That's an expensive light bar!
    It is going to be used on auto steer also on another tractor.
    Was looking for a simple fix just wiring but bet its not that simple...................

Derky, if you wanted you could upgrade from Egnos to 'RTX Rangepoint' for free (for the first 12 months). Check the Trimble website and if the online form is still broken then call the number to speak to the Trimble people in Holland.

Spraying hardware: Trimble has stopped selling EZ Boom, and now sells 'Field IQ'. Are you currently using a spray controller in any shape or form? Certain controllers can be plugged into field IQ with a cable and can be used as a slave via a serial control format. But as ever with Trimble, their literature is impenetrable, and finding out just which components you need is virtually impossible. Good luck.

If you're just wanting the coverage logging to work when you throw the master switch, soil essentials sold me the cable, it ends in two wires. Connect them together and it works the logging. I would say a relay in the master on off wire connected to the trimble wire would do it. About 25? Ask soil essentials, they'll probably sort everything you need.
    Was JD Andrew before we were reincarnated......

If you're just wanting the coverage logging to work when you throw the master switch, soil essentials sold me the cable, it ends in two wires. Connect them together and it works the logging. I would say a relay in the master on off wire connected to the trimble wire would do it. About 25? Ask soil essentials, they'll probably sort everything you need.
    Is there a way to wire individual section logging without Field IQ? i.e. 4 sections covered individually as sections are turned on /off?

After looking at Field IQ for 'automatic section control' (still waiting for the bloke to get back to us 4 months later ) we are just spraying everything with the coverage control on for the whole field, and guestimating our manual on /offs by seeing where the boom meets the already sprayed coverage on the headlands. If there was a way to mark the illustration of the sprayer booms on the display with 'quarter' marks it would just about do, as long as you have the antenna to boom offset entered correctly. A tightwad could just about do it with a permanent marker on the screen, Hmmm......
    Last edited by Panzer IV; 27-06-13 at 11:28 AM.

These are my notes for the 750 and I've done it myself so it works but your errors will be your fault

CFX 750 Pins

Pin 2 is the radar signal out
    Pin 10 is ground
    Pin 11 is the coverage sense in

Pin 8 Ground Video
    Pin 7 Video Input
    Pin 9 Power +

Pin 6 Don't use for video ground.

Basically you'll need to power the camera, so check it is 12v, etc. Video lines are pins 7 and 8.

Coverage logging is bridging pins 10 and 11 but use a relay if there is any external power involved.

The 750 currently also doesn't provide a video reverse (mirror) which would be nice and I'd also like the image to be used as a background, as currently you loose some vital info when using a camera

You'll also need a plug and pins to wire it yourself:
    http://www.polevolt.co.uk/acatalog/info_DTM06_12SA.html

Ref: 3-1662
    Size 20 Turned Sockets. 18 & 20 AWG (0.2 - 0.75mm CSA) http://polevolt.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000...utsch_DTM_connectors.html#a3_2d1662#a3_2d1 662
    If you have a 12 volt power source that comes on when your planter is engaged, you can use it to power a relay on pins 85 & 86. Conect the contact pins of the relay (30 & 87) to pins 10 & 11 of the 12 pin connector on port A.
    Go into Settings - Guidance - Coverage. Coverage logging is set by default to "Engaged", which will begin coverage logging whenever the steering is engaged. Set it to "Remote Switch". Whenever the relay is powered,
    it will close the contacts and start coverage logging. You can also use an implement switch to bridge these pins together when the implement is lowered. You can also use this on Ports A and B of the FMX/FM1000 Displays.
    We set quite a few up this way, as it will automaticly engage Coverage logging, also showing it when you disengage the steering to go around trees, steering on headlands and other areas where you may not have the steering engaged.
    *Note- there is a setting under coverage logging - "Logging when Low or High". Onof these will log when the contacts are closed and the other when they are open. I'm not sure which is which right now, but it doesn't take long to work it out when you get going.
    I was successful in using the external switch feature on the CFX-750 with firmware version 1.05.

I made a cable using a DTM06-12S which I plug into Port A. I use three pins in this connector.

Pin 2 is the radar signal out - Used an orange wire
    Pin 10 is ground so I teed this wire to go to the ground connection for the radar and also to a loose ground - Used two black wires
    Pin 11 is the coverage sense in - Used a gray wire

I setup the CFX-750 to watch the external switch and touched the the Gray and Black wires together. The coverage map did not work as I had hoped. I had the setting for active Low which I thought would be correct.
    I changed the setting for active High. Now the Coverage Map starts/stops as I had hoped.

The active high or low setting seems to be the reverse of what I thought it was on the 500 but I'm probably mistaken

Sorry Derky misread post. Thought you meant auto shut off. What I do on mine is use pause button when turning at ends etc. This gives pretty accurate coverage recording. I have no rate controller on mine just use pressure gauge and forward speed and ez guide plus for coverage.

I dont want anything fancy like auto shut off. What i was hoping to wire from the master switch on knight box to provide the coverage bit. Otherewise as suggested leave on all the time. Problem is if i keep hitting pause i need another pair of paws !!!

I need similar. but it wouldnt work unless you hit the master switch, not always done if turning sections of one by one, So Ive come to a stop with the idea.
    other thoughts where, wire it into one of the middle sections, or use a foot switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Derky View Post
    I dont want anything fancy like auto shut off. What i was hoping to wire from the master switch on knight box to provide the coverage bit. Otherewise as suggested leave on all the time. Problem is if i keep hitting pause i need another pair of paws !!!
    The way Harrow Pilot and myself described would let you do this fairly cheaply.

Quote Originally Posted by treblesykes View Post
    I need similar. but it wouldnt work unless you hit the master switch, not always done if turning sections of one by one, So Ive come to a stop with the idea.
    other thoughts where, wire it into one of the middle sections, or use a foot switch.
    Maybe wire the relay into the solenoid power of the middle section - then if you hit the master switch it'd switch the coverage logging - or if you were turning sections off individually it would switch when you got to the middle section - simples.
    Was JD Andrew before we were reincarnated......

swap the on/off switch that controls the sprayer to a 2 pole switch ,one side controls the sprayer as it usually works and the other side covers the logging , buy a camera cable from vapormatic and swap the position of the pins to 10 and 11
    the cable is about 7 50 and the 2 pole switch should be less than 5

Had not thought of wiring it to the middle switch but that is a grand idea. Will get the wiring loom and have a look see if i can work out the pins. Thanks gents.

Right can see what i need to do so ordered the connector and will try it next week when it arrives.

Had not thought of wiring it to the middle switch but that is a grand idea. Will get the wiring loom and have a look see if i can work out the pins. Thanks gents.
    do you switch off your boom sections individually at the end of the field or do you switch off the master switch ?
    the double pole switch would do in either the master or the middle switch and saves a lot of messing with a relay etc

Quote Originally Posted by defender View Post
    do you switch off your boom sections individually at the end of the field or do you switch off the master switch ?
    the double pole switch would do in either the master or the middle switch and saves a lot of messing with a relay etc
    I do both depending on shape of field, but surely the individuals are wired through master so that if the double pole switch was one of the individual ones it would swith the gps coverage off if thats switched off or the master ?

I do both depending on shape of field, but surely the individuals are wired through master so that if the double pole switch was one of the individual ones it would swith the gps coverage off if thats switched off or the master ?
    that's why I asked as it doesn't on mine ,you can shut off sections of boom to suit where you will start again after the main switch has been turned off. LH agro controller and the master switch stops the flow going to the rail at the top with the individual section controllers
    what you could do is fit 2 double pole switches , feed from connection 10 on trimble to master switch spare pole then a wire from master switch to double pole on centre switch - centre switch to connector 11 on trimble
    you would need both switches on to record where you have been but putting either switch off would stop the recording
    It was actually 2 switches for 5 on ebay anyway

Quote Originally Posted by defender View Post
    that's why I asked as it doesn't on mine ,you can shut off sections of boom to suit where you will start again after the main switch has been turned off. LH agro controller and the master switch stops the flow going to the rail at the top with the individual section controllers
    what you could do is fit 2 double pole switches , feed from connection 10 on trimble to master switch spare pole then a wire from master switch to double pole on centre switch - centre switch to connector 11 on trimble
    you would need both switches on to record where you have been but putting either switch off would stop the recording
    It was actually 2 switches for 5 on ebay anyway

Good thinking batman.

Finally got to playing with wires last night and the advice given has been faultliess. The pins are 10 and 11 and all i have to do now is have a rejig in the spray box, along with some alterations as we are changing the booms so need to add a section. One thing though, i plugged in the camera to no avail, i assume its a setting thing.

The camera came to life and is viewed on the left of the screen through the little arrows. Works well.