Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best wellies

Re: Best wellies

Quote Originally Posted by Wilts` View Post
    ok I take it back about Nora's i've just split my 3rd pair in under a year.. so they're lasting about 1/3rd the time they used to either they've changed the rubber or i'm working too hard 'cos i'm no heavier!
    Is it not your funny in-bred shaped feet that is doing them in?!

Anyway, I have a pair of Bog Buckmans, imported straight from the USA as recommended by a relative. If its warm enough for that lot to go about in, given the sort of winters they have there, then it suits me fine. Bit Herman Munster to start with but definitely don't need any thick socks with them!! Try the Amazon US site.

Have had Nora's Max-pu I think good wellies , managed to stick a gert blackthorn through them on Thursday whilst ditching,, done a quick drive by of MVF in yeovil, but they had none, so got me self a pair of Burg fenline jobs, warm, comfy, and have a neoprene top bit which is easier on the calf and shin especially on the quad sheep fencing, TBH only done 3days in them but I like em thus far,,,
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster

These are what I have, and will have again....

http://www.skellerupgumboots.co.uk/insulated.html

Has anyone tried Bogs Rancher? If I could find a safety version I would try them. My feet are in agony with standard Dunlop Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse1 View Post
    Has anyone tried Bogs Rancher? If I could find a safety version I would try them. My feet are in agony with standard Dunlop Safety.
    Yes bogs do a safety toe rancher, you will have to find a stockist in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Uwork4menow View Post
    Yes bogs do a safety toe rancher, you will have to find a stockist in this country.
    http://www.easy-wellies.co.uk/bogs-r...ap-p-1155.html

Dunlop

Just for info ...

Screwfix had some steel toe capped work wellies for 12.99 on offer yesterday. now im sure they wont be as comfortable as by Buckler boots which are like slippers.

but you cant go wrong at that price . and imo they looked half decent

Quote Originally Posted by hesstondriver View Post
    Just for info ...

Screwfix had some steel toe capped work wellies for 12.99 on offer yesterday. now im sure they wont be as comfortable as by Buckler boots which are like slippers.

I got some this morning not bad, decent thickness of rubber (virgin rubber I might add ) and supple been wandering round in em today (new boot syndrome I only usually wear willies when its absolutely necessary) not heavy and fairly comfortable ill try a thicker pair of socks tomorrow try and get a tighter fit had thin socks on today and they were ok round the bridge but bit flappy everywhere else, see how long they last but as hesston says im not going to complain at that price ive paid more for worse.

Quote Originally Posted by hesstondriver View Post
    Just for info ...

I have tried cheap good looking boots in the past, usually last well but not comfortable.... depends if you need to be able to wear them all day!

I've generally worked out that you can't pay enough to keep your feet good!

Quote Originally Posted by Einstien View Post
    I've generally worked out that you can't pay enough to keep your feet good!
    Yep, only get one set.

recent convert to the buckler boot wellie - warm, comfortable and light-weight. Six months use, no problems at all.

Regards,

Topdown

The Kiwi firm Skellerup has already been mentioned in the forum. The Independant earlier this year rated the Quatro best in their (albeit limited) review so thought I'd give it a go. Last pair were Muckboots and though comfy they lasted next to no time, I now have a pair of the steel-cap version Skellerup Quatro and first impression is good, they're comfortable and warm and seem pretty tough. Can't comment on long term use yet but will feed back in time.

http://www.skellerupfootwear.co.uk/p...nsulated-knee/

Iain

I would probably suggest an Aigle Wellie or any neoprene lined wellies you can get your hands on. Seen an online stockist of these wellies, might be worth checking them out, could be cheaper than the main websites. https://www.webury.com/country-footw...winter-wellies

If you like neoprene wellies Seeland are worth a look as cheaper than Chameau/Aigle - they do well-priced shooting gear too. Quite soft neoprene so not sure how they'd be with chemicals but definitely waterproof and warm, and despite being a bit wide in the foot for me, comfortable enough to walk round LAMMA in all day.

Buck boots not much boots 60 best wellies ever thick tred comfy and last a good while longer than the dunlops