Thread: horsh focus is here

horsh focus is here

took delivery of this years new toy today,should speed up the rape/cereal drilling with fert across the board and replace the mizuri,time will tell but its gona take some ponys tho

Re: horsh focus is here

Has it replaced the Mzuri completely or just some of its work load? What was wrong with the Mzuri?

Quote Originally Posted by reggie75 View Post
    took delivery of this years new toy today,should speed up the rape/cereal drilling with fert across the board and replace the mizuri,time will tell but its gona take some ponys tho

Interesting you've gone with this drill. I saw a very early version about 4 yrs ago in Germany and thought at the time it looked the dogs do da's.

Are you going to drill wheat with it as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair McLaren View Post
    Has it replaced the Mzuri completely or just some of its work load? What was wrong with the Mzuri?
    hi al,yea will replace the mizuri and take over all the rape drilling for shaw,the mizuri is a good drill don't get me wrong but its just not quiet there for us,the horsh just offers a little more with tilth under the seed and seed placement and with up to 3000ac of contract rape to drill we've had to step it up

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Interesting you've gone with this drill. I saw a very early version about 4 yrs ago in Germany and thought at the time it looked the dogs do da's.

Are you going to drill wheat with it as well?
    hi lee,yea hoping it pays off for us,simple design realy,all being well we shall keep it going right thro the season and drill as much as we can and try fert in wheats and barley,will be a bit of experimenting,still got the 2 sprinters to run aswell on cultivated grounds,times not on our side it seems these day

Here's my first posting. How did you get on with Horsch Focus? I farm south of Edinburgh and been min-tilling for years and went from CO6 to Pronto and back to a Sprinter grain and fert this back end. When we were looking to change they told us they were no focus's in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by mr bigwig View Post
    'went from CO6 to Pronto and back to a Sprinter grain and fert this back end. '.
    What was wrong with the pronto that made you move back?

J

We wanted to try direct drillling and go back to a tine drill. The Pronto made a great job but we are quite wet and felt the discs made too fine a tilth and the min tilled ground capped.
    We looked at the Claydon and other direct drills, but we also wanted to apply fert and the Sprinter fitted the bill.

well all went reasonably well,rape looks realy good,even and well forward.wheat n barley are the same tho we didn't get to use any fert on the corn tho.Took a lot of dragging mind had the 8360 on its knees most of the time but he was averaging 12ac/hr.Wearing points was about on par with the ground coverd,only issue weve had is blowing wheat seed,due to the length it was short on starting and over drilling on pulling out.this I belive has been sorted on the new version with the tank being over the cultivator thus shorter blower distance and overall lengh

Quote Originally Posted by reggie75 View Post
    well all went reasonably well,rape looks realy good,even and well forward.wheat n barley are the same tho we didn't get to use any fert on the corn tho.Took a lot of dragging mind had the 8360 on its knees most of the time but he was averaging 12ac/hr.Wearing points was about on par with the ground coverd,only issue weve had is blowing wheat seed,due to the length it was short on starting and over drilling on pulling out.this I belive has been sorted on the new version with the tank being over the cultivator thus shorter blower distance and overall lengh
    Any pictures of the growing crops?

will see what I can doo