Thread: john deere 7430/7530

john deere 7430/7530

what models did these tractors 7530 and 7430 replace. did they have any issues.7430/7530 how reliable are they 5000hrs plus.
    Last edited by zsnotdead; 05-07-13 at 10:54 AM.

Re: john deere 7430/7530

I believe they were a gap filler between the 6930 and heavier 7000 series

Dont Know what they replaced but the gap filler theory sounds good.I bought an o7 7530 with 4 k ish hours , wont have done 100 hrs without warning signals and power reduction. . Was supposed to be on service contract with dealer. Since i ve had it its had head gasket and subsequent engine rebuild. It did half last years cults then the crank shaft broke . At this point the dealer decided the second hand warranty was finished . John Deere told me it could be due to misuse. After many disscussions i paid for repairs .Since then its had a turbo. I run 3 Deeres and a Deere combinge , Wont be buying another.Is this why they have so many newmodel launches. There had my rant , hope it helps , its helped me. Crusader.

Thought the 74/7530 was classed as the replacement's for the 77/7810, I know which I'd rather have.

Quote Originally Posted by crusader View Post
    Dont Know what they replaced but the gap filler theory sounds good.I bought an o7 7530 with 4 k ish hours , wont have done 100 hrs without warning signals and power reduction. . Was supposed to be on service contract with dealer. Since i ve had it its had head gasket and subsequent engine rebuild. It did half last years cults then the crank shaft broke . At this point the dealer decided the second hand warranty was finished . John Deere told me it could be due to misuse. After many disscussions i paid for repairs .Since then its had a turbo. I run 3 Deeres and a Deere combinge , Wont be buying another.Is this why they have so many newmodel launches. There had my rant , hope it helps , its helped me. Crusader.

We had a similar experience with 7530, dealer said we misused it and didn't service it properly. Funny how the new holland that replaced it hasn t been any bother yet in first 2500 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Hesston4860s View Post
    Thought the 74/7530 was classed as the replacement's for the 77/7810, I know which I'd rather have.
    Agree 77/7810 were great tractors . We have not had a DEERE since our 8200 which worked bloody hard & never had any issues apart from a relay which would put the transmission into neutral & that was over 5000hrs+ . We now have a 335 Magnum with 3000hrs & all it has had is a new set of boots .

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    We had a similar experience with 7530, dealer said we misused it and didn't service it properly. Funny how the new holland that replaced it hasn t been any bother yet in first 2500 hours.
    Lol how can u miss use a tractor ??? We run Case cvx & they are great to use .

Quote Originally Posted by batman View Post
    Lol how can u miss use a tractor ??? We run Case cvx & they are great to use .
    Was a autopower. One time I mis used it was on round baler and if I remember correctly went into park automatically if sat stationery for a certain amount of time. Anyway put it into forward expecting it to release itself, stayed engaged and ripped all teeth off gears! How the software even allowed it to do this is beyond me. Anyway they tried to blame it on me and refusd to pay. They did eventually pay for it but wasn't very good pr blaming us in first place.

Also when we bought tractor new, nobody bothered to come out to explain how to use gear box and other features, despite being asked so they couldn t really say much.

Run Massey's and new holland now, don't miss them.

I must say I have only driven a 7530 once for a day, so no experience.
    However, they seem to be either very reliable or a dog. My neighbour has an early one and has no bother at all, must be at the 8,000 hours mark.

Was a autopower. One time I mis used it was on round baler and if I remember correctly went into park automatically if sat stationery for a certain amount of time. Anyway put it into forward expecting it to release itself, stayed engaged and ripped all teeth off gears! How the software even allowed it to do this is beyond me. Anyway they tried to blame it on me and refusd to pay. They did eventually pay for it but wasn't very good pr blaming us in first place.

Also when we bought tractor new, nobody bothered to come out to explain how to use gear box and other features, despite being asked so they couldn t really say much.

Run Massey's and new holland now, don't miss them.
    When my boss bought the two new cvx Pumas the head demonstrator came out when the tractors were delivered & showed us how to operate & get the best out of them . Had a few issues but CNH have paid for any repairs .

Quote Originally Posted by zsnotdead View Post
    what models did these tractors 7530 and 7430 replace. did they have any issues.7430/7530 how reliable are they 5000hrs plus.
    In the US they didn't get the 6 cylinder 6000 series, instead they got a 7200 @ 92pto hp and 7400 @ 100 pto hp. Which were a kind of American 6600 and 6800.

7200 http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/lis...200&mdlx=exact

7210 http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/lis...210&mdlx=exact

7220 http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/lis...220&mdlx=exact

7230 http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/lis...RE&MDLGrp=7230

7330 http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/lis...RE&MDLGrp=7330

7400 http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/lis...400&mdlx=exact

7405 http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/lis...405&mdlx=exact

You get the idea, he's the full list of them and others

http://www.tractorhouse.com/drilldow...anu=JOHN+DEERE

Basically, just because a particular tractor isn't sold where you live, doesn't mean someone else can't buy it.
    Reach for the sky, climb every mountain higher.

Quote Originally Posted by batman View Post
    When my boss bought the two new cvx Pumas the head demonstrator came out when the tractors were delivered & showed us how to operate & get the best out of them . Had a few issues but CNH have paid for any repairs .
    Thats how it should be done.

Thats how it should be done.
    we ran MF previously & the 7490 we had was bullet proof . we did have issues with the 8000 series but AGCO were great .

we have both 74 and 7530, 74 on a quad box @5500hrs 75 auto-power @3200hrs both 08 plates, 74 has had a lot of problems 75 not as many but hasn't done as much work, nice size of tractor to opparate for most everyday jobs, auto power box is great to use but can be expensive if it goes wrong seemingly they replaced the77/7810 in the range, look for member Derv Doctor to see posts on how to bypass the egr valve and remap, people who's had it done swears it was best money they spent

Hi,

I have been offered a '08 John Deere 7430 vario wit 15K Hrs for under E25K, Im a New Holland man myself don't know much on the JD's but the money is tempting. Would I be mad to take a punt on it.. I know the owner and his brother only 2 drivers on it. They say they never put a spanner to it???? It did mostly ploughing etc very little road work done. Would love to hear yer views.

Bought an ex-hire 1250 hour 2009, auto quad version and ran it to 2200 hours over 2 years. It had the turbo replaced prior to it arriving with us and when it was with us a fuel line wore through and we replaced an electric motor on the spool valves, although you can't label the spool motors as just a 7530 issue as the electric ones on all the 6000/7000 series were not great.

Generally a good tractor but not quite big enough for what we were doing (should of bought a 7830 in hindsight) which is why we sold it on only after 1000 hours. Its still working locally and I've not heard of any issues with it.

They do like to drink the red stuff though and it averaged 17l/hour over the time we had it on mainly haulage work. Decent enough to drive and spend a day in and definitely a lot more 'gutsy' than a 6930. Very annoyingly though on all 7530's the seat is not in the centre of the cab for some reason so when you eventually notice that, its becomes very annoying sorry ......

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Bought an ex-hire 1250 hour 2009, auto quad version and ran it to 2200 hours over 2 years. It had the turbo replaced prior to it arriving with us and when it was with us a fuel line wore through and we replaced an electric motor on the spool valves, although you can't label the spool motors as just a 7530 issue as the electric ones on all the 6000/7000 series were not great.

Generally a good tractor but not quite big enough for what we were doing (should of bought a 7830 in hindsight) which is why we sold it on only after 1000 hours. Its still working locally and I've not heard of any issues with it.

They do like to drink the red stuff though and it averaged 17l/hour over the time we had it on mainly haulage work. Decent enough to drive and spend a day in and definitely a lot more 'gutsy' than a 6930. Very annoyingly though on all 7530's the seat is not in the centre of the cab for some reason so when you eventually notice that, its becomes very annoying sorry ......
    Know exactly what you mean-the 6930 is exactly the same and it drives me up the wall, and just to make it more obvious they put a ridge down the middle of the bonnet That you dont line up with

Quote Originally Posted by zebra View Post
    Hi,

I have been offered a '08 John Deere 7430 vario wit 15K Hrs for under E25K, Im a New Holland man myself don't know much on the JD's but the money is tempting. Would I be mad to take a punt on it.. I know the owner and his brother only 2 drivers on it. They say they never put a spanner to it???? It did mostly ploughing etc very little road work done. Would love to hear yer views.
    If it was offered to me,i wouldn't be able to run away fast enough....

Quote Originally Posted by zebra View Post
    Hi,

By that time it's only worth really what it's got on the clock!!! Even less if it's not tidy or does not have decent boots on it. It's at the rebuilt stage that could cost an arm and a leg!!!
    Ond lle bu'r arad' ar y ffridd Yn rhywgo'r gwanwyn pr o'r pridd

Thanks Lads,

I'd suppose I wouldn't miss 10K going into an engine or gear box rebuild , It would be a dear tractor then. This lad bought a new JD and main dealer wasn't interested in the trade in maybe they saw something, I was thinking the high Hrs might have put them off could have been something else

15k hours for 25k pounds? No chance , its worth no more than 12k for me. That's a lot of work no matter how old or who has driven it.

Quote Originally Posted by wastedyears View Post
    15k hours for 25k pounds? No chance , its worth no more than 12k for me. That's a lot of work no matter how old or who has driven it.
    I guess if you work out what a complete new gearbox and engine would cost, set of brakes and a thorough service then knock that off the 25k??

It might be fair to say that the 74 & 75 was taking the 6.8 block alittle bit too far, coupled to the rubbish EGR and engine mapping which can lead to issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    It might be fair to say that the 74 & 75 was taking the 6.8 block alittle bit too far, coupled to the rubbish EGR and engine mapping which can lead to issues!
    The larger 77-7930 all use the small 6.8 block putting 250hp out although saying that our 78 has far better low end torque compared to the 75 all in all I rate our 75 been a good bus at nearly 4k hours now and just always check the vitals in a morning and they will be right!