Thread: Tablet mounts for a tractor

Tablet mounts for a tractor

Hi Mods, no idea if this should be in here so feel free to move it if it should be somewhere else.

Does anyone have or know of a decent mount to use with a tablet in a tractor? I've got a nexus 7 which I'd like to get outside to improve feed use recording with the cattle but I want to be able to mount it in the tractor cab rather than have it loose in the crappy cubby holes or similar. So what I'm after is a mount that I can easily attach the tablet to and remove it at the end of a shift whilst leaving the mount behind.

My Trimble thingy has a RAM mount suction thingy which works well on the windscreen but I think I'd prefer something more permanent. I'm happy to modify a mount to fit bolt positions in the tractor etc but wondered if anyone had already found the right bit of kit for the job?
    Stay in Northamptonshire - meadowviewcottages.co.uk

Re: Tablet mounts for a tractor

Something like this:

http://www.ram-mount.co.uk/tabtite%C...-7-p-1717.html

would hold the tablet. I then bolt these:

http://www.ram-mount.co.uk/double-ub...c-238_287.html

To the door handles in the cab, and a RAM mount between the two. Pricy, but adjustable and easy to swap between tractors.
    Was JD Andrew before we were reincarnated......

Thanks Andrew, I'd had a look on ebay and stuff and generally they all looked either rubbish or designed specifically for cars, desks etc. The RAM Mount on the Trimble thing works well but it hadn't occurred to me that I could get different combinations of bits. I blame the wine I'd drunk last night for that but really appreciate the links.
    Stay in Northamptonshire - meadowviewcottages.co.uk

I bought one from amazon. Works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by foxbox View Post
    Hi Mods, no idea if this should be in here so feel free to move it if it should be somewhere else.

Does anyone have or know of a decent mount to use with a tablet in a tractor? I've got a nexus 7 which I'd like to get outside to improve feed use recording with the cattle but I want to be able to mount it in the tractor cab rather than have it loose in the crappy cubby holes or similar. So what I'm after is a mount that I can easily attach the tablet to and remove it at the end of a shift whilst leaving the mount behind.

My Trimble thingy has a RAM mount suction thingy which works well on the windscreen but I think I'd prefer something more permanent. I'm happy to modify a mount to fit bolt positions in the tractor etc but wondered if anyone had already found the right bit of kit for the job?
    I made one from a TV swivel wall mount ( retreived from a skip ) Deere 6400 has mounting points on front cab pillar. Laptop is a GOBOOK rugged PC & running Farmer GPS
    Attached Images Attached Images