Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: cyclists a real pest .

Re: cyclists a real pest .

Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    You folks don't elect your officials (police chief, etc)?
    Like they do here in the US too.

I shudder to think what type of gobshite would get themselves elected here, hope it never comes in.

Have places to go today but staying close to home, cycle event here, it'll only raise my blood(y) pressure.

That may well be but we're lucky enough to have an MP who will listen & respond to people in this area. He sits in on the local safety meetings with our local council & that's why I copied him in on the email. I've found our council will ignore any emails until he's copied in.

I know where Phil's coming from because Julie saw the lollipop lady almost knocked down by a car outside our local junior school. The driver of the car had just dropped her children off at the same school.

When I was a child I remember an accident where two youngsters lost their lives, they got off the school bus and ran across to their mothers straight into the path of a passing vehicle. Very sad & something their mothers may never get over seeing happen.

Getting back to the subject of this thread, lots of youngsters cycle to school and cycle out with their friends and families during the holidays. Let's hope everyone thinks twice about overtaking them & gives others a little consideration out on the roads. Not everyone has the experience to understand what could happen out on the roads and everyone should keep that in mind so we all stand a better chance of getting to our destinations safely.

I decided to delete my earlier response to the thread because I thought it might encourage a few silly replies from those who intend running everything over to get where they're going in record time. The tread's a good one & if it promotes a little better safety management here and there so much the better.

BB