Thread: GLOBAL OVINE MEETINGS

GLOBAL OVINE MEETINGS

Hi Folks this is just a gentle reminder that GO has arrived and we are due to star his various meetings tomorrow Wednesday 10 July near Swansea at Alan Jacobs farm at SA6 5RX starting at 1.00 pm. On Thursday we are at Bovey Tracey Golf club at Richard Barters at TQ13 9NG at 7.00pm. Next weeks meetings in Barnard Castle and Biggar on July 17th and 18th respectively. I have seen outline of talks which concentrate on how to improve profitability of commercial sheep enterprises and have many thought provoking points
    GO will also be on Farming Today on Friday morning on Radio 4
    If you have not booked just turn up as we fully understand harvest is going full steam

Re: GLOBAL OVINE MEETINGS

Quote Originally Posted by easyram1 View Post
    Hi Folks this is just a gentle reminder that GO has arrived and we are due to star his various meetings tomorrow Wednesday 10 July near Swansea at Alan Jacobs farm at SA6 5RX starting at 1.00 pm. On Thursday we are at Bovey Tracey Golf club at Richard Barters at TQ13 9NG at 7.00pm. Next weeks meetings in Barnard Castle and Biggar on July 17th and 18th respectively. I have seen outline of talks which concentrate on how to improve profitability of commercial sheep enterprises and have many thought provoking points
    GO will also be on Farming Today on Friday morning on Radio 4
    If you have not booked just turn up as we fully understand harvest is going full steam
    How long is he here for ? I'd like to attend but cant til after 25th.Its very hard for working farmers to pre-book so glad to hearfolk can just turn up on the day.

Just wanted to say what a great meeting it was today. Lots of useful information on what drives flock profitability and how to make the most of grass. Interesting also to see the NZ Suffolk, NZ Texel NZ Suf/Tex rams and to hear how they are performing in the flock.

Will definitely try and catch up again at the Royal Welsh

GLOBAL OVINE WILL AND ROBYN HULME WILL BE ON FARMING TODAY DURING THE NEXT WEEK AND WE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN. WE WILL NOT BE ON TOMORROW MORNING (FRIDAY) AS ORIGINALLY PREDICTED.

GLOBAL OVINE WILL AND ROBYN HULME WILL BE ON FARMING TODAY DURING THE NEXT WEEK AND WE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN. WE WILL NOT BE ON TOMORROW MORNING (FRIDAY) AS ORIGINALLY PREDICTED.
    No need to shout Robyn (it's that little button on the left with 'Caps Lock' written on it btw).

[QUOTE=easyram1;179003]Hi Folks this is just a gentle reminder that GO has arrived and we are due to star his various meetings tomorrow Wednesday 10 July near Swansea at Alan Jacobs farm at SA6 5RX starting at 1.00 pm. On Thursday we are at Bovey Tracey Golf club at Richard Barters at TQ13 9NG at 7.00pm. Next weeks meetings in Barnard Castle and Biggar on July 17th and 18th respectively. I have seen outline of talks which concentrate on how to improve profitability of commercial sheep enterprises and have many thought provoking points
    GO will also be on Farming Today NEXT WEEK AND WILL LET YOU KNOW!

Quote Originally Posted by NeilO View Post
    No need to shout Robyn (it's that little button on the left with 'Caps Lock' written on it btw).
    This was put up by Mrs EasyRam. It has been a slightly challenging week for us both due to my leaving my mobile at home when we set off on Wednesday morning. I missed plenty of messages and Mrs ER is actively looking for a replacement husband the word "Useless" is being much overused at the moment

I missed plenty of messages and Mrs ER is actively looking for a replacement husband the word "Useless" is being much overused at the moment
    Who gets custody of the sheep !?!

Quote Originally Posted by poorbuthappy View Post
    Who gets custody of the sheep !?!
    She sais "I do - the sheep are much easier to manage than a man" I think she is referring to one specific man????

She sais "I do - the sheep are much easier to manage than a man" I think she is referring to one specific man????
    And 1 specific type of sheep? !

On Farming Today yesterday. You can listen on iplayer .

Disappointingly short and edited.

Went to the meeting in Co. Durham on Wednesday. If you are in two minds about going to one of the meetings next week: GO!

I felt that the information given by Murray was priceless and you get it free! As a Scotsman this appeals to me greatly