Thread: Krone tipping trailer

Krone tipping trailer

I managed to get my hands on a single axle tipping trailer made by Krone. The sides and floor are wooden the rest steel, we reckon its over 40 yrs old. Its in great condition hand brake and steel jockey wheel work fine as does the tipping. The thing is I have searched all over the net and can't find another like it. It has lost its plate so krone said they couldnt help just from pics to identify it. Krone is stamped on the front and rear of the tipping body and I believe most of its characteristics are Krone, it has had restoration work done at a time and has had a grain chute. So is it rare? Anyone else got one? Will try and post a pic.

Re: Krone tipping trailer

A pic [IMG] image hosting[/IMG]

Krone have been in contact and have said they made this type of trailer around the early to mid sixties and that they believe the chassis has been replaced but the body is genuine. I'd say at that time it cost a few quid to get it to Ireland from Germany, Great little trailer to have!

Talking Re: Krone tipping trailer

hi Marty , ive just become a member on here but i spotted your thread accidentally because i was also googling krone tipping trailers , i used to own one exactly like this around twenty years ago and if im not mistaking yours is identical to mine except mine was still in the original factory orange and cream colors , the chassis on mine was the exact same as yours with the double jaw hitch so i think yours is original in that aspect , sadly i sold mine a few years back and i cant seem to find any pictures of it anywhere , the reason i was googling them was that i am now restoring old zetor tractors and i would really love to have a restored trailer like yours to go behind one of them . i will try to resurrect some pictures of my trai soon and post them up here for you to compare ,regards terry .

hi matry , i tried to pm you on here a few times , just wondering if you still have the krone tipping trailer and if you would consider selling it to us for restoration purposes ???

Quote Originally Posted by greendragon3 View Post
    hi matry , i tried to pm you on here a few times , just wondering if you still have the krone tipping trailer and if you would consider selling it to us for restoration purposes ???
    bump

well i managed to get my hands on a krone tipping trailer at last , needs a good bit of work but that doesnt bother us , few pics ,

I take it your pleased with it then

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    I take it your pleased with it then
    He's right though, it does need a bit of work .

What was the purpose of the double jaw hitch? We've an MF trailer of a similar design to the Krone (the ram is only 1 stage and mounted further back on the chassis though) and it also has the double jaw, what was supposed to attach to it? Ours needs a bit of work too .
    Stay in Northamptonshire - meadowviewcottages.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by foxbox View Post
    He's right though, it does need a bit of work .

What was the purpose of the double jaw hitch? We've an MF trailer of a similar design to the Krone (the ram is only 1 stage and mounted further back on the chassis though) and it also has the double jaw, what was supposed to attach to it? Ours needs a bit of work too .
    The old Weeks/Massey drawbars were like that too- Clevis or hook, Hook or clevis?

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    The old Weeks/Massey drawbars were like that too- Clevis or hook, Hook or clevis?
    How did the trailer travel with the clevis and pin in place though? Wouldn't the longer ring for the hook foul the bottom of the drawbar?
    Stay in Northamptonshire - meadowviewcottages.co.uk

Talking Re: Krone tipping trailer

thanks for all the kind comments guys , im not sure about the double draw bar either but my guess is it would originally be designed for use with a 9 hole bar set up or something similar before the onset of pick up hitches etc , im very happy with my purchase because we used to have one years ago and sold it off a few years back , now we have a fleet of restored zetor tractors and we are on the look out for attachments and implements to go on the back of them and i always thought the krone would look very well fully restored behind my 3511 or 3545 , im also on the look out for an old JF or krone muck spreader and a lift mounted back end loader to put on my 5511 , i think it would look very well as a full outfit and be very very nostalgic to me also as i used to drive the exact same set up for a neighbor many many years ago !!

Quote Originally Posted by foxbox View Post
    How did the trailer travel with the clevis and pin in place though? Wouldn't the longer ring for the hook foul the bottom of the drawbar?

The MF/Weeks type was slightly different in that the bolt on PUH eye was reversible, at least the original ones IIRC, the opposite end to the ring was tapered to a point so I assume when reversed it would form a clevis drawbar. Never, ever saw one like that, all of them were PUH ring forwards and they used to put a nut and bolt thru the drawpin hole and its partner hole with a chunky spacer between the bolt on PUH and the top clevis.

I assume that in the Krone style above, all you can do is to put the trailer onto the bottom part of the tractors clevis drawbar, or otherwise do like a lot of the americans seemed to way back where they just use the drawbar plain as it is without the bolt-on top half of the clevis

Angry Re: Krone tipping trailer

hi guys just wondering if anyone has any info on these krone trailers ?? ive been on to krone in germany and they have no records , ive also been on to farmhand here in ireland but there record database ends after 1980 !!!! ive spent endless hours googling but i cant even find a picture of one anywhere , im trying to restore it back to original factory condition so i need the correct paint code and decal set , if anyone had an old picture i could work from that , they cant be that rare ive had two of them !!!!

well i found out a bit more on my travels today and turns out they were built under license in new bliss co.monaghan by Roy mcadoo , they were called the krone " darragh " and they were manufactured from the late 60's into the 70's , there was a sporadic amount sold in the border counties with a few slipping into sligo and even down south but they were always marketed as a light 3 ton trailer and thought to be inferior to the heavier KP's and lee trailers that were coming on to the market then , i have only ever seen three including my two ,i spoke to roy's nephew today and he is going to help me out as much as possible , they actually have an old one laying in their yard at the minute , nice to know the history behind them an even nice to know how rare they are , well worth restoring back to factory in my mind ,
    anyway we got ours back from sand blasting today and he took the liberty of giving it a coat of primer when he was at it , few pics , i think she looks well behind the 4511 , real retro !!!

a few old lorrys happened to pass when i was taking the pictures so i tried to included them in the shot for the crack ha ha ,

my mother dug out some old photos of the krone we used to have , they are photos of photos but they will give us an indication as to color and the decals etc ,

im sorry guys try as i may i cannot get these poxy photos around the right way , stupid feckin photo buket is on its time of the month again , any way you get the jist of what im trying to say i hope .

The red tipper truck with Trentham gravel on , Trentham is in store and pipe gate is 3 miles from me

got a few more snaps of the lorry's pulled at a local hotel today .

Quote Originally Posted by greendragon3 View Post

Traynors chip shop in maguiresbridge. Not the best chip shop in the vicinity by any means

hi all we have started our next project a massey 35x fror a friend and i have started a brand new thread to keep a photographic record of it , you can follow all the updates on this link .

http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/sho...944#post264944

Still have mine