Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pros and cons for Maxammon

Re: Pros and cons for Maxammon

I used up the last 5t of my H&D treated Spring Barley (fed whole to sheep) in the Spring, after treating it in 2012. Still as good as when I started feeding it. Didn't treat any last year as it all went in the shed dry enough anyway. Still have a bit of the H&D sat on a pallet, which it intend using up this year. Would certainly do the same again if I have to harvest some at 18-20%.

hi all, sorry to bring this thread back to life...just analysed my barley treated with just over 30kg/T of home n dry pellets over a month ago, nice dry stuff. but analysis say's it's 11.23% Protein, 15.4%moisture. Shouldn't it be higher in protein?!!

Quote Originally Posted by aled1590 View Post
    hi all, sorry to bring this thread back to life...just analysed my barley treated with just over 30kg/T of home n dry pellets over a month ago, nice dry stuff. but analysis say's it's 11.23% Protein, 15.4%moisture. Shouldn't it be higher in protein?!!
    Don't be sorry, I haven't used the product yet but am interested in it and hearing from others who have. Hope you get plenty of replies.

Yes used maxammon on spring barley in sept '14. Fed it to finishing bulls up to about 10kg/day with straw. Did it in two feeds a day, not ad-lib, then switched to a bought in high maize ration for about the final 40-50 days. Didn't do it this year as had no barley grown.

Have done 240T wheat with maxammon and it has tested 15.9% protein on a DM basis and has a PH of 9.

It is a nice rolled sample with no dust.

Can someone who knows exactly what is involved with this sort of stuff please explain to me the difference between Home and Dry, Urea treated wheat and caustic wheat?

Do they all work with wet grain IE greater than 15%?