Thread: Getting started

Getting started

hi all, I imagine this has been discussed before but what is the best entry level guidance system to by. The aim is to use it with one pass rape establishment, but with the facility to upgrade/ increase accuracy at the later date. The tractors used are JD, and I know they offer there own system - is this the most efficient or would other systems be a better bet. Initially accuracy down to about 20cm would be great but I would want a system that wont need a complete re purchase of software/ screens etc. Any ideas welcome!

Re: Getting started

Are you looking at a system that will enable you to make your own tramlines with the sprayer once the subsoiled rape has emerged?

Trimble CFX is easy to upgrade to RTK, just screw a radio into the back of the display, an aerial on the roof, and the dreaded unlock code.

steevo, that would be the plan, and to record field data aswell

Quote Originally Posted by graybo View Post
    Trimble CFX is easy to upgrade to RTK, just screw a radio into the back of the display, an aerial on the roof, and the dreaded unlock code.
    Isn't it like this with any product that is upgradable to RTK, except hat some may not need the unlock code.

I would plan for the final setup to see all real costs and to find out how the RTK capable setup would work and then choose the "starter kit" from this brand, even if the starter kit was a bit more expensive than the one from another brand. You would soon end up to the RTK kit anyway...