Thread: 2 new holland demos

2 new holland demos

I felt the T6 was a bit small and light but had plenty of power but the T7 was an awesome machine. Still a tad smaller than my hurlimann 150 which I was surprised at but an extra 50hp when it needs it. What are peoples thoughts on the T7.200?

Re: 2 new holland demos

We've a t7.235 and its great tool, neighbour who we help has a t7.200 and loves it. The cross shaft at the back went, but it covered in 2yr warranty and was fixed overnight as it was mid silage making. Ad-blue gives them the edge over my older t7040, feels like they have more torque backup when you've got your foot on the floor pulling hard you at least feel like its trying to get up and go! My vote would be the t7.200!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miketm150 View Post
    We've a t7.235 and its great tool, neighbour who we help has a t7.200 and loves it. The cross shaft at the back went, but it covered in 2yr warranty and was fixed overnight as it was mid silage making. Ad-blue gives them the edge over my older t7040, feels like they have more torque backup when you've got your foot on the floor pulling hard you at least feel like its trying to get up and go! My vote would be the t7.200!!!
    What did it have on the back when it went? Does it do a lot of heavy lift?

We had that T6 on demo at for a short spell at haytime. We weren't offered the T7. What did you do that we didn't?
    I thought the T6 was OK. T7 looked over big for us.

You thinking of a new one or pricing up an ex hire peatmoss tractor? There'll be a few coming back in in the coming weeks. I don't know why they sending T7s out to the peat moss when T6s would have been better sellers after they come back in. They've still a few T7s left from last year.

I think a peat moss tractor sounds more attractive because there wanting 70k for a T7 with front links and pto, range command and 600 tyres but a peat moss tractor with 500 ish hrs is only 2k cheaper so is 500 hrs worth 2k? Have priced up hiring one for april to September because don't need big tractor in winter but that's 10k for 1000 hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    I think a peat moss tractor sounds more attractive because there wanting 70k for a T7 with front links and pto, range command and 600 tyres but a peat moss tractor with 500 ish hrs is only 2k cheaper so is 500 hrs worth 2k? Have priced up hiring one for april to September because don't need big tractor in winter but that's 10k for 1000 hrs

If they are only knocking off 2k for 500 hours it is not worth it as the warranty period will also be reduced. If they have some tractors sitting in the yard like Jim F has pointed out then you would imagine they would be keen to deal.

Have a look at Richard Bland as I think some of his tractors are ex-hire to get an idea on some prices although the spec may not be what you are after.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    That's ridiculous..
    we bought ex demos with 200 hrs on and they knocked 4 grand off... One was a t6070 in 2008' another t7030 in 08 and more recently a 6020 with loader and 3500 off in 2010

16 weeks after ordering it I picked the new T6-175 up this afternoon. That's the old TM we traded in.

I hope you enjoy the tractor, one thing I know you'll find is it will be a lot quieter in the cab than the TM! I went from 9000hr TM155 to a T7040 Auto command and its like going from a leaking landrover to a bently, they will both get you around the M25 but u'll be a happier person getting out the Bentley at the end of it!

Glad to see you have 'twin beacons' my tractor driver will be happy to see that and even more if you drive round with them permanently on like he insists is essential!

Is that Lloyd's at Penrith?
    Haven't been there for years, used to be there weekly, was our FX forager A&E!!

I remember that. It had a new engine in the first season IIRC and a shed load of other trouble.
    Looks like it's still there;

You didn't get blue Fenders you cheap scate!

Intersting when you did your last trade you went from Electro command to range command. Now you are going range command to Electro Command. Do you just like to mix it up a bit?

What spec have you got - 50K? Solid centres? Do they whine more in the top two powershifts than the old TSA?
    Black Gold!

You can't get Range Command on T6 now, they're all the lower spec Electro Command. Also it's lighter in back end to what our 6070 is. If you want the Heavier spec tractor you have to go up to a T7.
    It has a few bits missing compared to our 6070. It doesn't have electric mirrors, climate control or 50K & air brakes. T6-175 does have front suspension, radar/acre metre and headland management thingy when I work out how to use it.
    Not that bothered about Climate control, it's shyte anyway. 50kph is only 50 kph on the level or down hill so not sure it's going to be a big miss.

Quote Originally Posted by JimF View Post
    You can't get Range Command on T6 now, they're all the lower spec Electro Command. Also it's lighter in back end to what our 6070 is. If you want the Heavier spec tractor you have to go up to a T7.
    It has a few bits missing compared to our 6070. It doesn't have electric mirrors, climate control or 50K & air brakes. T6-175 does have front suspension, radar/acre metre and headland management thingy when I work out how to use it.
    Not that bothered about Climate control, it's shyte anyway. 50kph is only 50 kph on the level or down hill so not sure it's going to be a big miss.
    But 6 became short wheelbase 7. Same tractor just with a high bonnet. They are the modern day 7710.
    Black Gold!

I wouldn't worry too much about taxing your mind with the headland management job........ I used it on ours once and then gave it up for a load of crap!

Quote Originally Posted by miketm150 View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about taxing your mind with the headland management job........ I used it on ours once and then gave it up for a load of crap!
    Should of got a red version it has got electric mirrors and multicontroller?

Quote Originally Posted by puma165 View Post
    Should of got a red version it has got electric mirrors and multicontroller?
    We dam near did!

We dam near did!

What put you off,looks like the one we have have just purchased?

You just bought it in last couple of weeks?
    We had it for 10days beginning of Nov, although we hardly used it. We had nowt for it to do.
    It was 30 miles to dealer but they came across very obliging, Blue one was a bit cheaper but not as high spec, red one had Firestone tyres too which we weren't sure about.

You just bought it in last couple of weeks?
    We had it for 10days beginning of Nov, although we hardly used it. We had nowt for it to do.
    It was 30 miles to dealer but they came across very obliging, Blue one was a bit cheaper but not as high spec, red one had Firestone tyres too which we weren't sure about.
    Yes just bought it ,we had it early on when taking maize off then got it back to try again. Im not to sure about the tyres either but its a demo and what was on it, would more than likely be more money if we wanted to swap tyres?

I saw it had been doing maize. We'd have wanted Good Years first, then Michelins second. Blue one has Michelins fitted,
    Are you that biggish contractor from over that area?

I saw it had been doing maize. We'd have wanted Good Years first, then Michelins second. Blue one has Michelins fitted,
    Are you that biggish contractor from over that area?
    No just farmers! Bit away from hay tons aswell? Don't want to give to much away but I think you were going to pick up a green machine for demo from ours the other week,but changed you're mind?

I see now who and what you're meaning.
    Yes we did have a change of mind slightly. I was a bit sceptical about not having a belt and wondered weather it was right for our system/layout. Nothing against the green machine at all. Served us very well over the years. Also the lads in the blue corner were on the 'naughty step' over this tractor deal, so it finalised the decision.

Fair tool that.