Thread: TM155 Spool Valve Playing Up

TM155 Spool Valve Playing Up

I don't what's the cause but some days one of the spool valves will work all day without a hitch and another it would work for a while and then all of a sudden it will do nothing. You push the lever back and forward but no response.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: TM155 Spool Valve Playing Up

Back end isnt overheating is it? i..e faulty cooler thermostat?

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie Hammond View Post
    I don't what's the cause but some days one of the spool valves will work all day without a hitch and another it would work for a while and then all of a sudden it will do nothing. You push the lever back and forward but no response.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    What happens if you pull another spool lever when the first stops working? Dead head the second one,will the first one now pump? Thinking it might be a scored/damaged sense line shuttle valve in the affected slice.

The first three spools work fine even when the 4th stops working. If I leave the tractor off for a while, it starts working again.

The backend is hot, in fact you wouldn't put your hand on any thing or it would melt.

What's this thermostat you mention?

Sounds to me your flow control valve is sticking. There is a spool kit you can get from your dealer to cure this problem, but i would take the faulty spool off the tractor if you feel brave and let them do it. If you do it wrong you will knacker the slice. Big money then.

Cheers for that. It sounds like it could be a job for my New Holland dealer to sort out then. The last thing I want is to buck something else up.