Thread: windows scamming call

windows scamming call

has anybody had asian sounding gentalman on the phone claiming to be from the windows service centre nothing if not determined he,s been at me every day since about last tuesday 9

Re: windows scamming call

yes and he doesn't seem to understand the short expression for sexual travel!

Tell them you haven't got a computer.

Or you only use apple products.

Pah!
    Keep him talking ... I had one on for 1hr 45mins a while back

We had this a while ago, the ammy scam, they want remote control of your computer & say they are from Microsoft
    tell them to go forth & multiply

Cool Re: windows scamming call

Yeah, I've had 'John' on several times this week, me and him have had some interesting discussions!!!! Even got some cricket chat from him while I pretended to log onto my computer, kept asking him why he needed to log onto my computer, kept saying there was a fault with my computer and 'we' need access to fix it. I kept changing the subject and even put him on hold and played him some Jonny Cash 'walk the line' down the phone! He still didn't give in until I told him that we'd had a power cut and the laptop battery had ran out, he said he'd phone back tomorrow! any more ideas I can entertain him with, always phones about dinner time!!!
    bull

An old but very funny one.

Yes had them on my record is 10 mins he said connect to the net and i said my fishing net ?

Sadly know of an computer innocent that was taken by these bunch of low lifes!
    Often wondered about a high pitched whistle.......talk really quietly so as they really have to listen to catch what you are saying then a good blast on the whistle!
    Mrs Gee has not yet given approval for this form of attack, but negotiations continue.
    Gee

After reading previous topics about these scam phone calls I was starting to feel left out!

I was so surprised 2 weeks ago to get a call about "a problem on my Pc" I shouted "Yes!" & started to laugh!
    He put the phone down!

I now feel cheated!
    British Farming Forum on Facebook - www.facebook.com/groups/BritishFarmingForum

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Sadly know of an computer innocent that was taken by these bunch of low lifes!
    Often wondered about a high pitched whistle.......talk really quietly so as they really have to listen to catch what you are saying then a good blast on the whistle!
    Mrs Gee has not yet given approval for this form of attack, but negotiations continue.
    Gee
    Can't remember where I read it but someone kept one of those aerosol air horns handy & when he had unwanted cold callers he put the horn to the earpiece and gave them a blast.................

having typed that, I think it was a news story about a pensioner

ff

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Can't remember where I read it but someone kept one of those aerosol air horns handy & when he had unwanted cold callers he put the horn to the earpiece and gave them a blast.................
    Would have been better into the mouth piece

Quote Originally Posted by Paw View Post
    Would have been better into the mouth piece
    Way its been this last week, putting one direct to my ear wouldn't of woken me

ff

We seemed to get a lot of these calls at one time; after trying to be polite and telling them they were liars I ended up telling them that I hoped they got home to find their home robbed/burnt or family murdered/raped depending how grumpy I felt at the time and then they called no more. I saw no harm in giving them unpleasant feelings about what they are doing!

Michael

I strung a lady on for about 5 minutes and then told her I was actually looking at the monitor as we spoke.
    Once she knew that , she passed the phone to her 'technical' man who I promptly told to go and **** himself , which was abit out of character for me , but my blood pressure rose quite considerably ,sorry

We usually get one of these calls a week, depends on the mood I'm in what the response is. If I'm in a rush it's "Have to go, the dog's got the postman's leg again".
    If I'm at a loose end I play the village idiot (not hard, some might say) and say I don't actually own a computer yet, but I'm saving up for one like my boss has, it's a blue one of those portable lapdancers I think they're called, comes with with a tricky little bag to keep it in - could they fix one of those if it went wrong? Response to an Indian lady is you must know Ravinder I went to school with, she was Indian, lovely girl, always wore black under....Hallo?

mrs fester got one and ah windows and when you come ing to fix the double glazing gave him dogs abuse he actually started laughing since the first post on here imust of had a hundred calls from this bunch of b----rds i would dearly like to meet one om a dark night

I write from French speaking Quebec, and cold callers always start in French and English to try and open the batting. Since this is always such a giveaway, even if they have your name correct, I always reply in Chinese. They then try French and English again to which I simply reply in a panicked voice "No Eengrish. No Eengrish" and bang the phone down. This works every time. If however the call is really important (very rare, but can happen, for example, when a colleague that I do not necessarily know may call), they will call again almost immediately, to which I reply in a BBC Radio Three voice, and they ask who it was who last picked up the phone. I tell them it was my Indo-Japanese servant who is here without a work permit and anxious about being discovered by Immigration.

My father would pick up the phone but not speak at all. He took the view that he did not wish to initiate a conversation he did not want. Alternatively he would say he was so pleased they had called, he must go and get his wife who wanted to speak with them. He would lay the phone down lightly and let the caller listen to silence until he got hacked off.

Why can't we all have an 0800 number and charge them by the minute, then we might justify their timewasting? I read somewhere of a chap doing that.

Some wise firms somehow are ment to be billing you for the call I read somewhere, so if you think you keep them talking to run up big bill the joke will be on you, and if its a satellite phone you're had it ??
    hope not correct ?

Insistent little beggars were phoning the missus up on a daily basis about three weeks ago. On day 6 he was lucky enough to get me

Long story short, I said "stop calling you little 'Madar Chod' ". He then repeated the phrase to me in English, actually he screamed it down the phone. I don't think he was very happy...

And he hasn't called back since.

Quote Originally Posted by RGT View Post
    Some wise firms somehow are ment to be billing you for the call I read somewhere, so if you think you keep them talking to run up big bill the joke will be on you, and if its a satellite phone you're had it ??
    hope not correct ?

That's right - you're not correct. There's no way you can be charged for an incoming call on a UK landline

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer IV View Post
    Long story short, I said "stop calling you little 'Madar Chod' ". He then repeated the phrase to me in English, actually he screamed it down the phone. I don't think he was very happy...
    Google tells me that's Indian for 'muvver fokker' - that's what one called me after I'd kept them on the line for ages

Used to get lots of these calls. Generally like to have fun. One of them Mum answered who said she was from windows technical support, so she asked her would she hold the line while she passed her on to her technical support team, which was yours truely. I was told of the grave dangers my computer was in to which i acted equally concerned. After a bit of banter she asked if i could turn on the computer, to which i said no problem as soon as i go for my morning poo. Had a good few minutes of fun trying to explain who mr poo was.

Another my mum strung on for a while who then got mad with her and gave out to her for wasting his time!!

we get them at least once a week, depending on my mood its either phone down or take the piss in my best indian accent !i was very impressed with freddy, who went into great detail how my computer was at risk and i sounded very interested and said thank you very much and put phone down ! oh and even though not windows i had acall last night saying it was a survey and i would be enetered into a prize draw!! i said oh yipee then she hung up !!! cheeky bugger !

Quote Originally Posted by danpwll View Post
    we get them at least once a week, depending on my mood its either phone down or take the piss in my best indian accent !i was very impressed with freddy, who went into great detail how my computer was at risk and i sounded very interested and said thank you very much and put phone down ! oh and even though not windows i had acall last night saying it was a survey and i would be enetered into a prize draw!! i said oh yipee then she hung up !!! cheeky bugger !
    That reminds me of one a Dad had once, trying to push some dodgy shares into him. Dad was far too reasonable with him, so he just kept pushing. The only way he could rid of him in the end was to hang up. The bloke rang back and angrily said that my father had been very rude and it was HIS prerogative to hang up, which he then did.

Quote Originally Posted by J B View Post
    That's right - you're not correct. There's no way you can be charged for an incoming call on a UK landline
    only time