Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 150kw Vs 225kw

Re: 150kw Vs 225kw

Tanner said.."Where are you in the UK? unless you are Northern Ireland you wont be able to claim Fit on the refurbished Vestas.(no matter what some of these refurbishing companies tell you) unless you can find one which no part of which has been installed under a Feed In Tarriff anywhere in Europe, even if you did Ofgem will take some persuading, and likely not accredit it. I would think that will help you decide."

I'm still amazed by the continued "misinformation" spread around by some people who haven't "a clue" regarding the legislation for FIT's on used turbines as Tanner above.....I have FULL OFGEM PRELIMINARY APPROVAL for a used 130kw turbine imported from Denmark......standard OFGEM application with a few extra questions........job done....and yes I'm in Wales, not Northern Ireland. There are many others up and running as well..........So pleeeeeeeze stop misinforming people !! Its now getting very difficult to find used turbines now, that's the problem, let alone the grid connection issues highlighted above.....Happy New Year....

Talking Re: 150kw Vs 225kw

Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    Tanner said.."Where are you in the UK? unless you are Northern Ireland you wont be able to claim Fit on the refurbished Vestas.(no matter what some of these refurbishing companies tell you) unless you can find one which no part of which has been installed under a Feed In Tarriff anywhere in Europe, even if you did Ofgem will take some persuading, and likely not accredit it. I would think that will help you decide."

I'm still amazed by the continued "misinformation" spread around by some people who haven't "a clue" regarding the legislation for FIT's on used turbines as Tanner above.....I have FULL OFGEM PRELIMINARY APPROVAL for a used 130kw turbine imported from Denmark......standard OFGEM application with a few extra questions........job done....and yes I'm in Wales, not Northern Ireland. There are many others up and running as well..........So pleeeeeeeze stop misinforming people !! Its now getting very difficult to find used turbines now, that's the problem, let alone the grid connection issues highlighted above.....Happy New Year....
    Crack on mate!! and remember preliminary accreditation is not full accreditation. you should have had one up by now anyway 30% Tarriff cut , and an old 130Kw wind turbine recipe for disaster

There again you know best

Yep.........there's always somebody out there that knows everything.......and nothing. If you know anything about Ofgem and Preliminary Accreditation then you should know that you "lock in" the tariff rate for 12 months )....so your comment about 30% tariff cut is b....... ! Oh dear.....a little knowledge is a dangerous thing ......but you know best mate

Quote Originally Posted by DMCC View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

I'd prefer to do the project myself, if I can. Applied for the grid the day after I got planning, its now nearer to 6.5k for an initial quote. I have had an NIE guy out on site, and he showed me how they were thinking of connecting. Their plan was to go direct across a neighbours land to connect to the 11kva. But the same 11kva can be accessed from our own land but its a bit further. Had to go this way to avoid having to raise a 33kva line apparently.

Rough initial estimates from him indicate that it would be around 100k cheaper if I opt to downgrade to a 150kw because I wouldn't have to upgrade 10 spans further down the line to 100mm.

With it being a relatively high wind site I am leaning towards the v27 if I can get one, but it'll all depend on how friendly the bank is.

Is your 225kw turning yet? Are you happy with the performance?
    if you want bang for buck id suggest the 150 but long term the v27,it all depends on the final price,finances,rem its only 20 years that rocs are tied in so base everything on 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    Yep.........there's always somebody out there that knows everything.......and nothing. If you know anything about Ofgem and Preliminary Accreditation then you should know that you "lock in" the tariff rate for 12 months )....so your comment about 30% tariff cut is b....... ! Oh dear.....a little knowledge is a dangerous thing ......but you know best mate
    If you applied for pre accreditation before 1st October you will be subject to a 20% Cut from present rate, after that date you will be subject to a 30% cut unless of course you got your turbine commissioned prior to the end of 2014.

As far as my knowledge regarding Ofgem and wind turbines, How many Turbines have you installed and commissioned???

What about a Micon M700 rather than a V27? I hear V27/29s are getting hard to buy at the moment and are commanding a premium. A lot of V29s are modded V27s with blade extenders too

After doing a cash flow forecast with conservative estimations. Yes the 150kw would have the shortest payback period but in the long run the 225kw would pay substantially more. Its a question of how much of a loan/risk you are initially prepared to take, and how nice a bank manager you have.
    Its hard to estimate the life expectancy of a refurbed turbine...

Yes the v27 refurbed price seems to be going up, they are becoming harder to find. I have looked at the micon m700, but my planning permission is for a v27, i would have to amend the planning to a 36m tower and 29/31m rotor.
    Has anyone done this at the grid connection stage? Im considering it, it would certainly leave me more options.
    Anyone using the blade extenders?

My main deciding factor with regards to turbine, would be the maintenance/service available.(spare parts)
    Any recommendations, or companies to avoid in NI?
    Thanks

"Originally Posted by billyboy

"I'm still amazed by the continued "misinformation" spread around by some people who haven't "a clue" regarding the legislation for FIT's on used turbines as Tanner above.....I have FULL OFGEM PRELIMINARY APPROVAL for a used 130kw turbine imported from Denmark......standard OFGEM application with a few extra questions........job done....and yes I'm in Wales, not Northern Ireland. There are many others up and running as well..........So pleeeeeeeze stop misinforming people !! Its now getting very difficult to find used turbines now, that's the problem, let alone the grid connection issues highlighted above.....Happy New Year...."

To conclude the above old post and for the avoidance of doubt for all concerned regarding Ofgem rules and regulations..........FULL OFGEM ACCREDITATION RECEIVED as expected on a preused (non Uk turbine).....moral of this story.......don't believe everything you hear !! Happy new year to all.......