Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best 3m One Pass Cultivator

Re: Best 3m One Pass Cultivator

Quote Originally Posted by stephen75 View Post
    what kind of job does the horsch terrano fx do as I am thinking of buying one to run on a jd 6930
    if you feel like
    I bought a new 4 Metre trailed Terranno FX with DD rings and it was to replace a 2004 mounted 4Metre Terranno FX . I use it behind a 200HP Class ares 836 ,I pulled it with A Fendt 716 but it is not comfortable with it . It will work shallow or down to 12 inches if you feel like burning diesel . I use the mulch mix tines and they incorporate straw fairly well . Most of our ground is ready to sow with one run but a seond run may be given if it needs it .
    they

Quote Originally Posted by Angus Drury View Post
    Yes it is Angus from north ings farm and our secret weapon is a newburn power frame they on built a hand full but it is a unbeatable machine

Do you have any photos?

another vote for subdisc esp if you have leveling boards each side it leaves the land between bouts level. The guttler rolls tend to block though in damp conditions I put this down to the scrapers not really going between the rolls. They modified this on my farm this year under warranty (burning my barn down at same time!) and now it seems to work fine.

Would like to see two rows of discs though

Quote Originally Posted by YELROM View Post
    Do you have any photos?
    Found this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BzsaGNkkAQ

My Vote go's to the 3M Horsch Terrano FX Mounted in my case.
    It replaced a 5yr old Simba 3M-ST-BAR & Xpress & is a far better machine overall.
    You can keep all your disc type machines unless there 4metres or bigger because unless you have alot of weight Discs just bob about on the top, Tines never do that.
    Ours has the DD type Roller on aswell.
    10 Tines all staggered across the 3M width does one heck of a job on all soil types.

Ive had the soil jumping thru the top of the machine like a game of snakes n ladders, it dont have move some soil esp when you go over 5mph.

Ive even ran mine upto ploughing depth 8/9" but removed the front two rows of side wings from the points just to help me pull it at that depth mostly.

Leaving the 3rd row of 4 tines with them still on.

Perfect seedbed for OSR working down Barley Stubbles just one pass on the lighter land & a couple on the heavier stuff.

Best part is theres not a single greasing point on the machine.

Points are easily changed & various types are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bog Man View Post
    if you feel like
    I bought a new 4 Metre trailed Terranno FX with DD rings and it was to replace a 2004 mounted 4Metre Terranno FX . I use it behind a 200HP Class ares 836 ,I pulled it with A Fendt 716 but it is not comfortable with it . It will work shallow or down to 12 inches if you feel like burning diesel . I use the mulch mix tines and they incorporate straw fairly well . Most of our ground is ready to sow with one run but a seond run may be given if it needs it .
    they

3m will be fine on 6930 but probs more HP for wider !

bloody hell your alive

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDeere8530 View Post
    another vote for subdisc esp if you have leveling boards each side it leaves the land between bouts level. The guttler rolls tend to block though in damp conditions I put this down to the scrapers not really going between the rolls. They modified this on my farm this year under warranty (burning my barn down at same time!) and now it seems to work fine.

Would like to see two rows of discs though

As warranty claims go, i would say this was a tad extreme!
    sumo1.com

I bought a horsch terrano 3fx to replace a subdisc, did a excellent job one pass for osr & wheat drilling, the 10 mulch mix points mixed the stubbles excellent compared to the 7 subdisc tines to a depth of 8-10inches
    Attached Images Attached Images