Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Badger cull "Way behind target"

Re: Badger cull "Way behind target"

They are simply despicable in their determination to avoid a politically difficult cull.

So far as I can see this 'leak' suggests even more strongly they should be gassing like they used to - almost 100% control carefully targeted.
    It's so obvious shooting could never be particularly effective that you have to suspect they plumped for that just so they could get poor results.

"Meet and talk further.... " I don't know how Phil kept his cool for 8 minutes

Roger Blowey was briefly interviewed last night on Midlands news ( although he was captioned as Andrew Guest !! )
    loose does not rhyme with choose but lose does and is the word you meant to write

" In humans we had TB we vaccinated, it can be done" said Brian May so please all drop a letter with an appointment card for every billy to visit its local NHS doctors surgery, see how that goes, or do they roll an apple down the hole covered in peanut butter as they love that, with the correct amount of drugs in hoping they all share it.

I am a bit thick here how would they vaccinate them all.

Brain May doesn't seem to know that the first rule of ANY vaccination is to NOT give it to an already infected person/animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce View Post
    Brain May doesn't seem to know that the first rule of ANY vaccination is to NOT give it to an already infected person/animal.
    ... and to make sure that the product he's promoting will work.

[QUOTE=cheekychappy;223761]" In humans we had TB we vaccinated, it can be done" said Brian May .

It can indeed be done, but vaccinating in humans is not all that successful ,looking at W.H.O. data makes interesting reading.

http://www.who.int/features/factfiles/tuberculosis/en/

A total of 1.3 million people died from TB in 2012 (including 320 000 people with HIV)
    TB remains one of the world's top infectious killers
    About one third of the world’s population is infected with tuberculosis (TB) bacteria

So BCG is not one of the world’s great success stories, even in humans.

Study to test roadkill badgers for bovine TB in Cheshire
    http://www.cheshirewildlifetrust.org...ne-tb-cheshire

At last some organised testing of badgers , should be happening in ALL “Edge Areas “at the very least, not just a 100 or so in Cheshire. But a start at least, and an attempt at all sides working together to try and find solutions.

Post Re: Badger cull "Way behind target"

https://www.e-activist.com/ea-action...ref_map=%5B%5D
    Faceache post by Badgerists whipping up support to chase MP's to attend a debate in Parliament on 13t March about further culls.

Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

Full text of debate at http://www.parliament.uk/business/pu...d/unknown/535/

I've been laid up with a bad back so unfortunately watched most of it, pick of speakers for me were Roger Williams and Simon Hart (I'm not pro-hunting so not usually a fan but he impressed today). However I am pleased there is now cross-party support for an eradication plan which has been lacking for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    Full text of debate at http://www.parliament.uk/business/pu...d/unknown/535/

I've been laid up with a bad back so unfortunately watched most of it, pick of speakers for me were Roger Williams and Simon Hart (I'm not pro-hunting so not usually a fan but he impressed today). However I am pleased there is now cross-party support for an eradication plan which has been lacking for too long.
    So much hot air expounded by people completely unaffected by what they had to say and saying it without the benefit of sight of the Expert report, which apparently only the Badger Trust, NE and the BBC have seen.

Many so called 'facts' totally wrong, including and especially the FERA / media hype about vaccination, cattle to cattle spread and bio garbage. And no mention that I heard, of the zoonotic Grade 3 pathogen - Tuberculosis

But, as Tom says, a couple of beacons of light:

David Heath, and especially Roger Williams @3.12 mentioned targeted culls using PCR.

http://bovinetb.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/hot-air.html
    Last edited by matthew; 14-03-14 at 10:07 AM.