Thread: Accounting Software

Accounting Software

I am looking o buy some accounting software that will produce my end of year accounts. I have a farm shop, turbine, poultry and cattle. I have various bank and loan accounts that the system would need to cope with.

I want to get something that is usable as it is a sizeable investment for a computer programme.I have looked at lots of software and want to know from others what they use.

Cheers

Re: Accounting Software

we use Knight Tustian Cash Plus - took me a little time to get my head round it and cannot compare to anything else, but having just completed a year of use I can say I wish we used it years ago. It has much potential - I am a little slow. Definitely worth looking at

Farmplan accounts software. I have used it since 1998, & it will do anything you want & more. Specifically designed for farming, it is one of the best but a bit pricey. Depends how much you want to spend really.

We run SUM-IT Accounts. As farmplan it is based on agriculture. You can have lots of different bank accounts setup and you can also have different management accounts so you could keep your enterprises seperate very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by porterswood View Post
    I am looking o buy some accounting software that will produce my end of year accounts. I have a farm shop, turbine, poultry and cattle. I have various bank and loan accounts that the system would need to cope with.

I want to get something that is usable as it is a sizeable investment for a computer programme.I have looked at lots of software and want to know from others what they use.

Cheers
    We use the Border Software farmIT3000 gold package, its probably the best on the market IMHO and they are cheaper than everyone else!

Are these systems a one off cost or a subscription basis?

I use quickbooks but only use it as a basic sales and purchase then vat system. I t will do everything if I wanted but not necessary for me.

Have a look at Solar, I've had a lot and think this one is great. Very simple to use and you can change things like to always want to do when you get things wrong. Mac or PC, fantastic online support forum.
    Clive Tee

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Tee View Post
    Have a look at Solar, I've had a lot and think this one is great. Very simple to use and you can change things like to always want to do when you get things wrong. Mac or PC, fantastic online support forum.
    Does it cope with contra's on livestock sales via markets?

Quote Originally Posted by wed View Post
    Does it cope with contra's on livestock sales via markets?
    Yes. I just do a credit on the sales invoice, and then a zero purchase invoice that accounts for the VAT and also for the market costs, which I post to marketing. Haven't explained that very well but it's easy to do and accountant says that's how to do it. If you come to do it and want the actual method, I'll post proper details/examples.
    Clive Tee

Do all our Accounts on a spread sheet, get somebody to give you a hand to set the sheets up if you don't know much about them, can be tailored to you, simple or more advanced.