Thread: 7 Wheels keep on rolling

7 Wheels keep on rolling

A few of our 3 & 4 wheeled Challenger spreaders
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: 7 Wheels keep on rolling

A few more

Tidy setup Neil. How many tons will those 2 spread in a day?

We never normally run both together, the photos were taken at the start of the season when we had a bit of spare time on our hands. But running solo they are easily capable of spreading 450t to 500t of lime. The main problem is you don't get may big jobs in one place, more like 60t, 100t, 80t the odd 40t all dotted around in a relatively local area. But having to unload and reload the teleporter on its lowloader trailer takes time so affects productivity

Nice photos I see a few 4 wheeled ones knocking about but have not seen a newish 3 wheeler for years and years I though that they where maybe only making the 4 wheels version now. They both look quite new is there a reason for operating one of each type rather than both the same ?

Quote Originally Posted by Big red View Post
    Nice photos I see a few 4 wheeled ones knocking about but have not seen a newish 3 wheeler for years and years I though that they where maybe only making the 4 wheels version now. They both look quite new is there a reason for operating one of each type rather than both the same ?
    The 3 wheelers are available still, they are made in the good all USA whereas the 4 wheelers are made in Holland for the European and rest of the world markets. Or so I was told ?
    There are not many 4 wheelers with lime/fert spreaders fitted as they are usually kitted up for muck or slurry applications. We opted for a 4 wheeler as we used to run 'Ontops' and latterly Multidrives and thought stability was a man priority. We subsequently bough an old 3 wheeler and was impressed so much we sourced a 3yr old newer style 3 wheeler with CVT transmission which is fantastic

A few more

Is that a forestry spec valtra to give you room for the hiab controls and swivel seat. Mr McTurk will be disappointed in you!

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Nelson View Post
    Is that a forestry spec valtra to give you room for the hiab controls and swivel seat. Mr McTurk will be disappointed in you!
    Spotters badge Alistair
    The forestry spec was chosen for the swivelling seat and glass roof, to give the driver a better feeling of not being 'squashed' into the cab. It gives a lighter and roomier feel to the cab. He just opens the rear window, raises the 3 point linkage and the Botex grab levers move into a handy place to operate the clamshell loader.
    As for our local salesman from the lighter green dealership across the road, unfortunately they didn't have available what we wanted.

A quick info update for anyone interested in owning a TG8103. We have one of our older ones for sale. Please see the BFF sales section or pm for details

Cheers

A collective gathering at the ends of the season