Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: maize

Re: maize

Quote Originally Posted by Uwork4menow View Post
    Ok, so you have a fairly modern Claas forager but still with the kemper header on the front. Several years ago my boss explained that the Claas header of the day was rubbish and so we had a kemper, too. Is the Orbis any better now?? I thought the Orbis was better as no slip clutches?
    the new claas harvesters round here all has Kemper headers its the only header to have
    and that said by both customer and contractors
    there feed well in the shorter crop
    and leaves the field verŷ cleanly chopped and tidy

Quote Originally Posted by Uwork4menow View Post
    Ok, so you have a fairly modern Claas forager but still with the kemper header on the front. Several years ago my boss explained that the Claas header of the day was rubbish and so we had a kemper, too. Is the Orbis any better now?? I thought the Orbis was better as no slip clutches?
    the new claas harvesters round here all has Kemper headers its the only header to have

Ive seen a few contractors use the Kemper headers for whole crop aswell

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    That will be the Kemper owned by?? Hmmm not a very subtle advert Mr JD employee.

Not a patch on feeding the rollers in comparison to RU/RI or Krone headers on the ones i have driven. Not used an Orbis. As for leaving a good result and feed in short crops Kemper = jack of all trades, master of none.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnie123 View Post
    just put all the diesel used to produce the feed product and dispose of digestate in a generator and you would be no worse off enviromentally imo.

also a/d plants in livestock areas put a bottom line on what would otherwise be a fluctuating fodder market and also taking out good fodder producing land for GREEN ENERGY

dont get me wrong they are financially good businesses, guaranteed government payment per unit for xxx years...........but really.......GREEN ENERGY I DONT THINK SO

best thing the government can chuck our hard earned taxes at is nuclear power
    EROI figures are all about boundaries and where they are set. All Energy inputs properly taken into account and the Energy Return On Investment is very likely to be lower than 1:1.

Basically nail on the head Vinnie.

Our politically motivated 'Green' friends have strangled what was undoubtedly the greenest power source available to date. Nuclear power.

I, for one, am sick of propping up government sponsored 'feed in tariffs' for anything but green 'renewable' bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by wellington53 View Post
    who knows, long way off yet.
    Yea about a hole 9 weeks!!!!!!!!!

Big vern as you say for them to come, cut and remove the crop and have the field read for re-planting (wheat rape?) and by now prob seeded the price is good, i would be happy with that very!