Thread: trimble rtk signal

trimble rtk signal

Hi, I was wondering if greenstar would run off an rtk base signal.

Re: trimble rtk signal

Don't think so.

Pretty sure they run off different radios. You'd need an extra module on your trimble mast to use a greenstar receiver.

Does it have to be radio? I had a look at a John Deere demo tractor and I think it had an NTRIP option.

If it is your own base, it isn't too complicated to feed the RTK signal via internet to the tractor.

Quote Originally Posted by DBatBFF View Post
    Does it have to be radio? I had a look at a John Deere demo tractor and I think it had an NTRIP option.

If it is your own base, it isn't too complicated to feed the RTK signal via internet to the tractor.

Most Deere dealers now run an RTK NTRIP signal via their dealerships and quite often they will talk to other makes. I see no reason therefore other makes wouldn't talk to the Greenstar....but you'd probably need a modem, an unlock i wouldn't be surprised, and then an annual fee on top. But given Deere dealerships are often able to supply the signal themselves, have you spoken to your JD dealer first?

I don't know too much about all the different sorts of signal, never heard of a NTRIP signal, but I'll look it up. I think it sounds to be a bit of a hassle to sort it out since I'm actually sorted for my own machinery, its all running on trimble equipment. but there are a few people around me with john deere's and greenstar system and I was going just seeing if I could of earned a little extra easy money from my base station buy selling them my signal. thanks for the reply's.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon B View Post
    I don't know too much about all the different sorts of signal, never heard of a NTRIP signal, but I'll look it up. I think it sounds to be a bit of a hassle to sort it out since I'm actually sorted for my own machinery, its all running on trimble equipment. but there are a few people around me with john deere's and greenstar system and I was going just seeing if I could of earned a little extra easy money from my base station buy selling them my signal. thanks for the reply's.
    Are you currently transmitting the RTK signal via radio from your base? If not, then you are already using NTRIP.

If you are using radio, you can of course rent your signal if other users have a compatible radio. But if other users have their signal via internet, you could sell your signal to these users too if you build an NTRIP caster at your site. NTRIP is just an internet protocol (Network Transport of RTCM via Internet Protocol) that collects the correction signal from your base and serves it via internet to RTK clients. I believe almost any brand device can use NTRIP, a modem and feature unlock may be needed as mentioned above.

http://igs.bkg.bund.de/ntrip/ntripho...78fc02966b4f11

Yea I am transmitting by a radio frequency