Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFMP investment in Arla Amba

AFMP investment in Arla Amba

Now the paper work is through what is AFMP members thoughts on the investment proposal? Is it a goer for you?
    The 0.5p butterfat deduction was kept quiet up till now.

Re: AFMP investment in Arla Amba

as usual with arla the devil is in the detail it's never as good as the initial headlines untrustworthy company

Really? Im more than happy with our arla milk link contract

Quote Originally Posted by Only View Post
    as usual with arla the devil is in the detail it's never as good as the initial headlines untrustworthy company

Quote Originally Posted by Only View Post
    well, for a start they are not a company.
    It is a coop run by farmers for farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by fergieman View Post
    Now the paper work is through what is AFMP members thoughts on the investment proposal? Is it a goer for you?
    The 0.5p butterfat deduction was kept quiet up till now.
    Yes, we're happy. Trying to decide between Manufacturing or Liquid schedules though - there's no difference between them!

I believe the BF reconciliation was worked out with 2011/12 winter's 'bad' BF figures & so (hopefully) will easily be 'bettered'. I think 0.5ppl is the worstcase figure.
    Meetings next week, so might see you there.
    British Farming Forum on Facebook - www.facebook.com/groups/BritishFarmingForum

As an AFMP Tesco supplier it's unappealing. Fought the old man for several years (post vesting day) to escape the coop clutches, and I'm damned if I'm going back to one of them again.

I think long term it's a good thing to do. However, I'm only looking at the short term hence my decision, made even before the AFMP roadmap was announced. I have no desire to feel I'm a "part owner" of a global business - I would just like a decent price for the milk I supply, rather than the promise of jam tomorrow. Same contract, different buyer = 1ppl more.

Easy choice for me.

The rather strange valuation of MPL shares is concerning though, £1 per share if you're in, and 30p per share if you're out - to me that sums up Arla though. However, if that's the price to pay for escaping, then it's somewhat cheap compared to the 7.5ppl it will cost to be in (and it may actually be more than that).

Good luck to those that want in, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Moors Farmer View Post
    As an AFMP Tesco supplier it's unappealing. Fought the old man for several years (post vesting day) to escape the coop clutches, and I'm damned if I'm going back to one of them again.

I think long term it's a good thing to do. However, I'm only looking at the short term hence my decision, made even before the AFMP roadmap was announced. I have no desire to feel I'm a "part owner" of a global business - I would just like a decent price for the milk I supply, rather than the promise of jam tomorrow. Same contract, different buyer = 1ppl more.

Easy choice for me.

The rather strange valuation of MPL shares is concerning though, £1 per share if you're in, and 30p per share if you're out - to me that sums up Arla though. However, if that's the price to pay for escaping, then it's somewhat cheap compared to the 7.5ppl it will cost to be in (and it may actually be more than that).

you going muller Tesco then?

Quote Originally Posted by big philip View Post
    you going muller Tesco then?
    At the moment - or will be come May 2014.

I think things are going to change. Firstly, currently Tesco say they're happy with current round of mergers, but I'm not sure the Tesco AFMP members will be - having to continue hoop jumping and (as I understand it within two years) then forgo the Tesco bonus as it goes into the Amba pool - whilst also taking a price hit for everyday collection. Tesco are also off the pace with pricing, comparing them to the Sainsbury price.

The MW formula price is a tempting one, and worthy of a closer look nearer the time

Easy choice for me.

Isn't that what happened post MMB days, farmers lured away by a better price and then screwed for years.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseycowsman View Post
    well, for a start they are not a company.
    It is a coop run by farmers for farmers.
    I not so sure, it is a coop run by ?(not sure who )for the long term survival of the coop

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_TM View Post
    Yes, we're happy. Trying to decide between Manufacturing or Liquid schedules though - there's no difference between them!

Yes, we're happy. Trying to decide between Manufacturing or Liquid schedules though - there's no difference between them! .

Seems a bit strange to offer both contracts where our milk is going into the liquid market only. The liquid schedule works out better for us.

Easy choice for me.

we are getting the Jam now, 42.5ppl for my september milk!

Quote Originally Posted by fergieman View Post
    Seems a bit strange to offer both contracts where our milk is going into the liquid market only. The liquid schedule works out better for us.
    Unfortunately that is the short term view that liquid contracts give. Your milk is not just going for liquid, the water and currently the protein do but a lot of the fat is skimmed off and that fat has a real value sold as anchor butter. The AMCO price recieved from ARLA is determined soley by the compositional constituents, this pool is then divvied up. This is the reason JO has just had to highlight if BF is not increased the schedule prices will have to drop by 0.5ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by fir tree View Post
    What's up ???

There's no difference in the average ppl, nor average milk chq, even using 3 yrs of figures, between us using either of the pricing schedules on offer.
    That's just the way it is!
    British Farming Forum on Facebook - www.facebook.com/groups/BritishFarmingForum

Sorry Sam not aimed at you it was the words
    " there's no difference between them!"
    thats what i keep being told by the top when i question why the liquid price is easier to obtain than the constituient,last time i raised the subject i was laughed at but i am certain that it is the case ,not sure about the details in your contract offers though.they wont let me see a liquid contract because they know i am right ,i have requested one 5 times now from 5 different people ,as they know that it would confirm it.(I am not in afmp but was part of the previous merger/giveaway).
    I still beleive this is the case and got easier in october but they wont even tell us now how the oct price is being calculated!!!! just publish a headline price.
    I must congratulate you for taking the time to work out your own figures and if your figures show no difference for your milk great. As members of a coop we should all have the same milk price and schedule not different , all members should be equal with the only difference being volume

The Arla BOR has approved for MPL members to become co-owners of Arla Foods amba and for AML owners to be eligible to receive supplementary payment from 2014.

good news......

Quote Originally Posted by happycows View Post
    good news......
    It has been bloody hard work over here in Denmark. But in the end it was got over the line with a good majority. The offer to AFMP is a good one, so get those contracts signed.

This butterfat thing concerns me, we operate high inputhigh output system suited to the liquid contract and the initial contract they sent out is appealing. However if you read between the lines or maybe more obviously than that the liquid contract appear just to be a stop gap and ultimatley they want us all producing higher quality milk and on manfacturing contracts, which is a big change for a lot of us.

Quote Originally Posted by BMEH View Post
    This butterfat thing concerns me, we operate high inputhigh output system suited to the liquid contract and the initial contract they sent out is appealing. However if you read between the lines or maybe more obviously than that the liquid contract appear just to be a stop gap and ultimatley they want us all producing higher quality milk and on manfacturing contracts, which is a big change for a lot of us.
    Yeah well, if ARLA wanted water they could get it out of the tap much cheaper than what they have to pay you for it, not spend a fortune hauling white water around the countryside!

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer on a bike View Post
    It has been bloody hard work over here in Denmark. But in the end it was got over the line with a good majority. The offer to AFMP is a good one, so get those contracts signed.
    What’s the cost for new members in Europe to join Arla, I heard it was 16ppl?

Easy choice for me.

You are one of the most sensible posters on this or any other forum I have been on. If only every dairy farmer thought like you the parasites would not be able to screw us time after time.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiNFU View Post
    You are one of the most sensible posters on this or any other forum I have been on. If only every dairy farmer thought like you the parasites would not be able to screw us time after time.
    Why, thank you kind Sir.

Personally, I had me down as a cynic

Quote Originally Posted by jerseycowsman View Post
    we are getting the Jam now, 42.5ppl for my september milk!
    Good for you

Arguably you deserve it for tolerating those horrible, grumpy, little things .

It is just typical AFMP not mentioning the 0.5 reconciliation up until after the roadshows. I am also left again very disappointed with Ovens and AFMP after our roadshow meeting. I asked him twice about our representation on the Arla board and how we would select our representatives and was told him by twice that we would be having elections to select them. I had already been told beforehand that this was not the case and that was why I pressed him on the issue. Instead of being honest he just stood there and lied to me. I had it confirmed last week that we will not get the chance to vote for representatives for another three years because they want 'continuity'. Why not be honest in the first place. Although I believe Mr Ovens is very intelligent he is a PR disaster and a liar. I cannot respect people who don't tell the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiNFU View Post

Your should join me at my yoga class. It would seriously help you with massive chip on your shoulder your carrying about.

lazy

Quote Originally Posted by lazy farmer View Post
    Your should join me at my yoga class. It would seriously help you with massive chip on your shoulder your carrying about.

lazy
    Is it just me or are you on a bit of a downer recently? Claws out all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Uwork4menow View Post
    Is it just me or are you on a bit of a downer recently? Claws out all the time?
    very intuative of you Mayo. Just tired of negative comments without solid evidential back up. The changes with in the Co ops over the last 18 months 2 years are massive , far reaching and over archingly positive yet some would rather pick holes in the ethos. The changes have undoubtly lead to higher milk prices this summer and autumn .its no coincidence that Tesco's broke its own formula to ensure a difference between themselves and ARLA. I guess i find it easier to be positive about the future than some on here Its less tireing and being Angry at the Co ops and all levels of authority all the time is self destructive and adds nothing to the debate. Taking ownership of one's own situation and our own part in it is much healthier and constructive i know that as well as anyone.

lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer on a bike View Post

Hard work because they don't want us? Hard work because they have a upto 16.5p invested not 7.5p?.After all the farmers over there don't want us. The Danes Sweeds Germans will either in later years demand more investment or a worse price! Your contracts looks good but its all the extras that are deducted which makes it a no go.