Thread: 5430i self propelled sprayer

Unhappy 5430i self propelled sprayer

Just brought a new 5430i sprayer now got 300 hours on it got a few niggling probs with it auto section control not working and oil leaks ( o-rings blowing) and not very happy with dealer (very slow) just wanted to hear other peoples views who use them. Big jd fan but getting disappointed at mo

Re: 5430i self propelled sprayer

I've been running a 5430i for over a year now and very few problems. Love the machine and really cant fault it.
    What is the problem with section control? PM if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by maresi View Post
    I've been running a 5430i for over a year now and very few problems. Love the machine and really cant fault it.
    Hi maresi thanks for getting back tried to pm you but can't do it so will keep trying. glad your sprayer is going well,and the days ours has gone well I love it but just a few problems the office side is hard work loading jobs on gatekeeper has proved tricky we have jumped straight in with paper less spray rec's and the sprayer auto section still isn't working local jd dealer come out again today and tried a new screen but still not working it says auto section active and not showing any error codes it's been a week now and using it on manual at the mo and very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by maresi View Post
    Went to a demo day in Shropshire last week to try a 5430i. It travelled well on the field, but the field was a dry stubble. How do they they travel in heavier conditions compared to say a sands or Househam, and what are they like on the road? as vision looked a bit restricted at the front. Would you be happy doing alot of road work with one. All advice welcome thanks.