Thread: reducing start up load on trench conveyor

reducing start up load on trench conveyor

Just wondering if there is any suggestions. I am putting in a trench conveyor 60 feet long to deliver grain into an existing pit so cant go much deeper than floor level with the top of conveyor.Approx 1 third will be exposed to grain, the rest covered to allow access to further storage. The question is how do i prevent the open trough filling with grain and in operation the whole conveyor being full. Spoke to my sparky today and can operate on high / low sensors in pit to match demand but the load would be too high if conveyor is full to the top. Any suggestions ? Crusader

Re: reducing start up load on trench conveyor

Would a soft or inverter starter be of any help?

Possibly , but essentially i think its best to prevent the load firstly if possible. Thanks though i ll ask sparky about suggestions. Crusader

I would think you would need some sort of slide to control the flow, I have a slide on my hopper for my mobile dryer, its closed up a fair bit when its real wet grain, just in case the loading auger chokes.

Here's what Perry do,

http://www.perryofoakley.co.uk/?q=trailer-tipping

probably worth a call to them as I found them very helpful.......must be cheaper than a burnt out motor and the hassle at harvest.